"IT"

It was far more of a marketing exercise. Plus it was made for a good friend of mine back in VA.
...- Marty -

I sure hope that friend also provided funds and not just a "Gee, Thanks."
Bill you're not the first to mention the idea of a book to me. As for the article, who do I market that to...and how?
...- Marty -

Fine Woodworking claims to be reader written, and seeks articles or proposals. I met editor Asa Christiana at the Kerrville show (see http://finewoodworking.taunton.com/item/2388/kerrville-show-corrals-best-furniture-in-texas ) and he is interested and approachable.

This actually brings up something that Tod and I have discussed. We've toyed with the idea of holding classes, at either (or both) of our shops. We could have classes on whatever folks want to learn about. We haven't gotten very far with the idea, cuz I'm not sure there would be enough of an audience that would be willing to pay to spend time with a pair of old hippies making sawdust...:huh:

We'd also both have to check with our insurance carriers to make sure we "could" do it and not risk our shops.
- Marty -

I have heard a typical figure of $500 per day for solo classes on whatever the student wants. David Marks does some of that, but with his TV fame, spends a lot of time on the road, doing classes at Woodcraft stores, etc. David's classes focus on a specific subject that the store can sell. See www.djmarks.com/classes.asp

I got tired of "helping out" strangers with "just a cut or two" in the shop so set a rate of $1 per minute for the 5 minute job that often becomes an hour. I am amazed at how much of that work I get. (A better rate might be $10 plus $1 per minute, to cover the 10 minutes I spend on the phone giving directions). I don't give lessons because I don't have a safe shop for a visitor, but I bet you would get a growing business if you offered...

Oh, and by the way, if that thing is limited to two letters, "IT," then is the review limited to two letters? "OK"

IT is great, and your tutorial is even better. Keep up the great work, and the great writing.

Thanks... Now I am too embarrassed to post my projects.

Very nice work. Really nice shop too. I think you need to put a little dust or maybe a wood chip on the floor.

Wow! Amazing!

Just the level of work I dream to reach. It was really inspiring. It always amazes me that it takes at least the same or more time to prep and apply the finish as it did build it. Amazing shop too I might add. That definitely plays a role in producing that kind of work. Jigs....got to have them.:thumb: