It was a good day

Went to Sis's house for dinner, stuffed my face with turkey, mashed taters, sweet tater, corn, lima beans, Mom's cole, slaw!! stuffing, then had two pieces of pumpkin pie, one of peach, and one apple.

Then the boys decided it was time to shoot some skeet!! out came the shotguns!! we went through 3 boxes of clay pigeons :thumb: not saying we hit that many but by golly we sure scared that many.

Nieces husband even brought out his new Smith and Wesson 44 magnum. Forgot how loud them things are, kicks a little too :D

We had a nice dinner, but I'm envious of your skeet shooting. Even though there's not much meat left after you dress them out, clay pigeons are about my favorite thing to hunt. :p Charcoal briquettes are another favorite...they leave a nice puff of black "smoke" when you hit them with about anything bigger than a BB gun, and they're biodegradable, so you don't have to worry about the litter.

Nothing like giving me something else to shoot at Vaughn!!
:D :D

hmmmm wonder how well they launch out of the trap. :thumb:
I never shot at 'em in the air. (That was for the clays.) Still, I bet if you found the sweet spot on the thrower, they'd fly pretty far. We used to use them for .22 and pistol plinking. We usually went "trash shooting" in locations where a lot of junk was tossed out and shot at. Instead of tossing bottles and cans, we'd toss charcoal and clay out into the "target" area and cut loose.

Dog kibble and BB guns are a fun mix, too. :p We used to also shoot BBs with BB guns. We'd set out a half dozen BBs about 8 to 12 feet away on the ground (concrete patios are great for this...gotta watch the ricochet, though), then shoot at them with BB guns. We used to light kitchen matches in much the same manner. Ah, good times. Nowadays, if a neighbor saw me in the back yard plinking with a BB gun, I'd probably have the SWAT team paying me a rather abrupt visit. :rolleyes: