Sliding table

I put a JET sliding table on a JET Xacta saw and it was awfully difficult to install so it was 'right'. The fence on the slider was somehow in the way more often than not... so I'll echo the other comment. Altho it came in handy occasionally, I was never happy with it.

Royall, I put an Exactor on my ShopFox left tilt cabinet saw & it worked great. Once you use a sliding table you'll wonder how you ever got along w/o one.

About 5 years ago I sold most of my stand-alone machines and bought a used Robland X31. It comes from the factory with a sliding table. I've done so much with it that would have required way to much 'fiddling' with jigs, etc. on my ShopFox.

John Lucas has a good demo of installing the Exactor on his website, http://www.woodshopdemos.com/sstat-25.htm

I have a sliding table on my G1023S. I didnt like it until I got a Wixey digital angle gage to help set it up. Now it really works well. I had issues with getting the table to close to the table saw's table or to high. Either way did not give good results.

Now, I have it set up and I like the performance. I do agree that the miter bar gets in the way.

I am still not sure that a good sled might not be better.

Thanks guys for the input:thumb: I've been watching the computer out in the shop, and while finishing up the last of the cutting for the boxes and shelves I was thinking of what was said and how I was working. I came to the conclusion that if I move my saw over to the right while I'm standing at it I would have enough room to add another table to help support wider stock to the left of the blade.:rolleyes: I've never worked with a slider but they looked cool but it sounds like a real special niche tool that I should pass on. I do have a couple of sleds that I made but they're just not deep enough for cabinet parts that I was cutting.

Thanks again,

Aloha:wave:

Photo represents 17 boxes and a pantry for the kitchen I'm working on. Cutting it out is the fun part.IMG_8232 (Small).jpg

royall, if you`re planning to get serious with cutting sheetgoods then a traditional slider might be a wise investment.......but even used they ain`t cheap:eek:

royall, if you`re planning to get serious with cutting sheetgoods then a traditional slider might be a wise investment.......but even used they ain`t cheap:eek:

I'm sure they're not cheap. I got looking closer at the video Frank posted (thanks Frank:wave:) and that set up just looked like a lot bucks:eek: I figured that I may not get that much work with the economy the way it is here in the Islands to make it pay. :( If I do get more of this type of work coming in I may look closer at one of the clamp on track type of cutting systems that's out there:huh: That would really help in breaking down the sheetgoods.:thumb:

Aloha:wave: