Natural Edge Bowls

Wayne Bower

Been some time since I have posted any work, so here you go. The open form natural edge bowl is walnut approximately 10 inches in diameter and 5 inches high. The closed/HF is walnut approximately 12 inches in diameter and 6 inches high at the high side. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Bowl 79 post.jpg
    Bowl 79 post.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 51
  • bowls_003  post.jpg
    bowls_003 post.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 59
  • bowls_005 post.jpg
    bowls_005 post.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 50
I'm looking at the hollow form now and this thing it very cool. Light as a feather and wow there is a lot of bark on it....Very Well Done, Dad!:thumb:

Wayne,

Great job. While both are really pleasing to the eye, I think the HF is truly a work of art.

Look forward to some more.

Wow, those are both nice. But that closed form with the bark on top is really an interesting piece. It must be bark only for the top two thirds. I really like that one.

Thanks for the comments. The closed form bark seemed to me to want to be on that form so I complied. It was a lot of fun to make, but I will admit it took some glue to keep it all together. Thanks again,:)

Syd, I did use my snake on the hollow form. I have modified the snake some since I posted the drawing. Work well though. My son, Jeff was home for Thanksgiving and we did a little hollow form with it and he thought it worked well.