New Toyl...

Ned Bulken

I've been carrying Three digital devices around for awhile, one company issued cell which is fine as it lives in the van and primarily gets used for work calls (plus the occasional call to the wife, but since it is cell to cell call, no expense to the company) Add to that my Tungsten E2 PDA
pPALM1-1920854v300x300.jpg
and my personal cell for family/friends contacts.

I've been scouring c-list for awhile now for a used Palm Treo smartphone
PR_650_device.jpg
to replace my cell AND the E2 (neither of which will be going anywhere, simply put out to pasture for backup in case the treo goes south). The other night I scored a Treo 650P (for Palm OS), and this afternoon I drove over and picked it up. Tonight I'm updating the software and editing my contact list. Pic to follow, as I left the camera in the van when I got home on Wednesday.

It isn't the latest or greatest Palm Smartphone, but it will combine the PDA and phone and that's one less gizmo to haul around.

It is also web capable, but since I have web access in the van or at home I am trying to convince myself that it is "Just' a phone.

Last edited:
You'll soon find it to be very handy, just download some local search and map software for it.

I got a new toy a couple of weeks back too. Went to the BlackBerry developer conference in CA and everyone went home with one of the latest BlackBerrys. I scored a Bold, which was a vast improvement over my old one.

You probably already have a wireless card on the laptop, but can also tether through the Palm and use it's internet connection for your laptop. May have to pay extra for the service though (usually $10-$15).

Congrats...

Darren,
I'm online all day long at work, thanks to a modem with unlimited access. I only get wifi broadband, but I'm almost constantly searching the county databases. My boys have an ENV and a Razr respectively, and both want the new Storm. I'm choosing to save the $50 a month which unlimited web access would cost for the time being.

Hey Ned, do those things come with a dial?:D Nifty piece of hardware. Should make keeping track of things easier.

I still haven't started carrying. I really don't want to be that available!;)

Wes

Wes,
I'm a reformed Franklin Planner user, after over two decades I switched over to my PDA, which has helped me to increase my productivity while eliminating buying a new paper planner insert every year.

oh, and I forgot It will also be replacing the mp3 player which i use to play my audio books while I'm at the keyboard.