She really knows how to hurt a guy

allen levine

Another anniversary, another year of bliss.

This was my gift.

Im not sure if this is encouragement or a hint.

Im not showing her anymore pictures of the work you guys do until some other novice puts up a picture of a wishing well or a lighthouse as his prized project.(or an adirondack chair)

(Im not promoting any publishers or authors, I have not opened the book yet)

:eek: who said hurry up, open it up and start reading!

Attachments

• wood stuff 378 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 378 (Medium).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 92
HAHA HEHE :rofl:
is that a gentle nudge or a slap in the face :rofl:
all laughing aside let me know how you like the book my husband is talking about building some furniture
Dawn

I think she really likes your table and is encouraging and supporting your hobby :thumb: So now you need to tell the LOYL that "book" for anniversary, "jointer" for christmas so you can make the new projects in "book" :D

Allen,

Those are really excellent books. I have a few of them myself... all bought by Doorlink as presents... ;)

Well written, lots of high quality photos, full of great techniques...

who could ask for more? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Yep, that is a good book, I have it as well, it has answered a lot of questions for me, I crack it open a lot, in fact, it is in my Dungeon Library :thumb:

Only the good books go there, the crummy ones end up in one of the reading rooms upstairs ;) :D

I had mentioned to her I wanted to stop off at a bookstore.
I told her the publisher I wanted, she had mentioned my kids complain they cant buy me anything

Kind of funny she bought it just before I plan out her buffet cabinet.

hey allen "read and they will build" comes to mind:) thats one of them and there are more that you couldget that are very informative..finishing is the next one i would suggest..

At least she's acknowledging your desire to do woodworking. I think a book on underwater basketweaving would have been a more direct insult. :p

And your post reminded me of this video I saw on another forum. Some important lessons for all of us men:

http://adage.com/brightcove/single.php?bcpid=1370868150&bctid=3130509001

Vaughn that video is priceless. But J.C. Penny are lucky they are not in Canada, they just lost my custom after trying their brand of terror on me.
I have not laughed that much in a long time.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

my mac let me down this am,, i had looked at this and missed the last half,, if i hadnt looked at it agin here at home, i wouldnt have know how to avoid gettin there like that guy did,,,whew!!!! i was close.. thanks for the warning vaughn:rofl::rofl: