missing posts?

Art Mulder

Hey folks, has there been a clean up or something of old posts?

Just the other day I found an old thread in the off topic area where we were trading silly youtube video links. I think I may have even started the thread.
Today I can't find it. I search for "Lego" and get nothing (there was a lego star wars video) I search for "evil" (which Stu accused me of being) and I find nothing. I search for "rush drummer" (another video) and nothing again.

:huh::dunno:

Hey folks, has there been a clean up or something of old posts?

Just the other day I found an old thread in the off topic area where we were trading silly youtube video links. I think I may have even started the thread.
Today I can't find it. I search for "Lego" and get nothing (there was a lego star wars video) I search for "evil" (which Stu accused me of being) and I find nothing. I search for "rush drummer" (another video) and nothing again.

:huh::dunno:
Twilight Zone theme playing in background

"Hello Mr Mulder. Please step through this door and have a seat. The doctor will be with you in a few minutes"

Fade to black......

There's been no clean-up.

We DO NOT delete posts here!

However, the search function only seems to go back one year.

Any chance the old thread you're searching for is older than that?

The advanced search function goes back to the beginning... Check out the Find Post From in the Search Options.

BTDT - been there, done that. Used the Google search also.

I know we don't delete posts here, hence my confusion. I thought I was mixing up forums, but I clearly remember both Tod and Stu commenting in the forum - Stu called me "evil" for wasting his time, which is why I also tried "evil" as a search term. :dunno:

Yes! Darn it. Why couldn't I find it?

Thanks, Randy.

Because I was right all along, you ARE "Evil" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: (even though only said you were "a very bad man")

I know I've had the same problem, looking for a post, I know I made, even had a couple of key words, but it did not come up :dunno:

I'm blaming Vaughn, must be his fault :rolleyes: :D:D:D

Last edited:
I know I've had the same problem, looking for a post, I know I made, even had a couple of key words, but it did not come up :dunno:

I'm blaming Vaughn, must be his fault :rolleyes: :D:D:D

Good, a patsy. Those can be handy. :thumb:

I know I got your key word wrong, but I did an advanced search on "youtube" posts by "art Mulder" and it doesn't come up. Weird.

Exactly what I did.:D

And exactly what I did also. I know, I know, it sounds like classic PEBKAC, but it does NOT come back when I do the search.

Look. Here is the thread that you found, Randy. Note how it has the words "Lego Star Wars" ???
search2.jpg

I enter those in the advanced search (specifying Art Mulder) like this:
search1.jpg

And I do NOT get that thread back. I tried the same thing with just "Lego" and just "youtube" and also get nothing. Heck, if I just search for "lego" without even specifying the user name I also get nothing. If I use the Google search for "lego star wars" I also get nothing. (and other search variations)

Yet there it is.

Something is wonky.

I search and it comes up?? We must be filtering out request from Canada:D:D

Just pulling your leg:rofl::rofl: It doesnt come up for me either.

I found it by clicking on your name and going to your profile. From there I just clicked on "Find all threads started by Art Moulder" and there it was.

Randy

It's the Art Mulder filter I have specially implemented site-wide. When the filter is properly adjusted, you won't be able to find your butt with both hands. :rofl:

Seriously, I have no idea why the search results (both vBulletin and Google) are so inconsistent. I've seen the same thing in some of my searches.