Hello from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Joe Penney

Hi Folks: joined just resently. I have been enjoying all the threads and information. Great site and Great people.

Joe Penney.

New to woodturning.

Hello Joe. Trivia: I grew up in Ontario, California. This was one of the first planned communities built by and named by the Chaffey brothers who came from . . . Ontario, Canada. They looked at the Cucamonga desert wasteland back in 1881 and saw an opportunity. Over 170,000 people live there today. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have only been turning for about one year now. I inherited my dads lathe. He was a fine craftsman and could always put to pieces of wood together like the grew that way. I have learned a lot from the threads and posted replies I have read on here. I will post a few pieces in a little while for you guys to see and comment on.

It is great being able to look in as often as I can.

Later folks.

Joe

Welcome Joe

Finally a Canadian WW on the forum that is "reasonably" close to my town. Well at least your in the GTA.

I listened to TO radio almost exclusively during high school. I remember the big hullabaloo over how many times they could play Bryan Adams tunes per day 'cause he wasn't considered Canadian enough anymore. Can I at least be the club mascot? :rofl:

Anyways, welcome to our little patch of the internet Joe! Look forward to seeing pics of the shop and work therefrom. :thumb:

Ah.....Joe Penny, hmmm.......must be a cousin to Johnny Dollar, right???:D

All Kidding aside, welcome to the Family, Joe. We talk a little "Wood", "Tools", "Jigs", have a lot of FUN, and ocassionally learn something New.:doh::D 'n then there's that "Dark Side", ya know, that place with all them "Spinny" folks that keep gettin Vertigo 'n fall into tha "Vortex", so you ought to find something of interest to ya in one of these corners here.:D:D:thumb: