Seeking Radio headphones

I am hunting a source for a quality made AM/FM radio head phones, ones that have great reception, and volume control, and if they offered loud noise protection would be ideal! I want to wear them as I am turning and while i work in the yard with the mower or tractor.
I have hunted the local stores and now the web. I cannot find what I want, only the cheep ones I do not want, have any of you members found these and would you share where?
Thanks!
David
12-08-08

whoa, two answers in a row! I'm on fire, sports fans! ;)

416DB-645uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-90541-...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1228801811&sr=1-1

Thanks,

Bill

A lot of people use the Peltor or other types of headsets for hearing protection as well as entertainment while operating tools. One thing to keep in mind is the safety factor in being able to hear the machine you're operating. I use a fairly standard noise reduction earmuff type of protection when using my jointer and planer, but nothing when using my tablesaw, bandsaw and smaller tools. Listening to what the tools are "saying" while in operation is one way to avoid accidents. :thumb:

A lot of people use the Peltor or other types of headsets for hearing protection as well as entertainment while operating tools. One thing to keep in mind is the safety factor in being able to hear the machine you're operating. I use a fairly standard noise reduction earmuff type of protection when using my jointer and planer, but nothing when using my tablesaw, bandsaw and smaller tools. Listening to what the tools are "saying" while in operation is one way to avoid accidents. :thumb:
I agree 100° Good to know what the machine is telling you.:thumb:

I've got a nice little set of Howard Leight electronic muffs.

Only about 22db suppresion, but what's cool is that they allow you 'hear' outside noises. They have microphones on each ear and give you 'stereo' hearing. They are meant to block out sharp loud noises, like gun shots. But you can also just shut the outside noise completely off.

They also have a jack that allows you to plug in an MP3 player or radio or whatever.

Very versatile, but I wouldn't say they were audiophile quality sound...

I use them for Shooting/Mowing the yard/Working in the Shop, etc...

Last edited: