seg christmas orniment

After looking at all the christmas orniment i've been seeing lately, i thought i'd try one. this is what it came out like. it has 42 pieces of wood. The wood is maple, purple hart, and mahogany. Finish is just rattle can laquar. I know my finials need to get thinner but maybe next time.:dunno:
Thanks, and all comments as always welcome
Steve

Attachments

• 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 002 [640x480].JPG
    002 [640x480].JPG
    36 KB · Views: 43
What? Finials? Oh brother. The only improvement needed is the camera operator and for some reason...the hook doesn't compliment the piece. I know that sounds dumb but IMHO. :santa::biker:

With a ribbon tied to it.

Nice job, Steve. I agree with you on the finial (or icicle), but it's better than any I've made. ;)

thanks all.As far as the hook i was looking for something smaller,and i know i have some small eye hooks.They are in a plastic box with all the pic frame hangers and such,just couldn't find them. will look again to day.If i can't find them i'll have to go get some more.Ithink i'll get some small ribbon also, as that sounds like a good idea also.Vaughn is it common to call the bottom final a icicle?
thanks Steve

Don't you hate that and just as soon as you get home with the new box the old one will turn up and you can put the new ones with the old ones.:thumb:

Chuck you had to jinx me didn't ya.I walked in the house a little while ago and the first thing the wife says to me,is this the stuff you were looking for last night.:bang: Then i get on here and theres a post from you stating just what happened.:huh: you must of been talking to the wife.:eek:
Steve

And then lose all of them again hey Chuck!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Very nice Steve. Agree with the hook out of place but the finial, hey it is fine!!:thumb::thumb: Nice ornament, thanks for sharing.

Jonathan your probbly right the next time i need them i'll never find them.:D I gave it to my boss this afternoon, with the new eye hook he loved it not knowing i had already changed the hook.:D
Steve