So what did Santa bring ya for Christmas.

Vaughn, Mark, Frank....thanks for the words. Christmas in our house was always a big family event, as well as Christ's birthday celebration, and now we have some additional things to remember our family.

Mark, Oshogatsu (New Year) is the same....January 1st. The Chinese New Year is in February, I believe.

When I learn to turn bowls, I might try making some with the holes and grooves....

Not much WW stuff...I'm pretty well caught up on tools at the moment. But there was a gift certificate for the local hardwood place along with the books and whatnot I'd asked for. :thumb:

(And a DVD set of season 1 of "The Mind of Mencia" to feed my politically-incorrect tendencies. :rofl: )

Well it wasn't a woodworking tool, but it is a tool. SWMBO gave me Bible Works 7, a very high powered Bible study program which includes Greek and Hebrew texts, as well as lexicons I had in school and a bunch of others besides. I have have several translations open at once with instant access to Greek, Hebrew, or English. It is loaded with maps and a whole bunch of other stuff which I have not even begun to get to yet. But, it is a whole lot faster and so far easier to use than the last one I had, which was a decent one in its own right. Sort of like going from my Nova lathe to the Poolewood. :thumb:

HoHoHo

1 year Fine Woodworking
Starrett 6" double Square
Starrett 12" Square
Lie-Nielsen Cabinet Scrappers w/case
Lie-Nielsen Medium Shoulder Plane
Board Buddies
50" clamp-on Straight Edge

Attachments

• Gifts1.JPG
    Gifts1.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 8
  • Gifts2.JPG
    Gifts2.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Gifts3.JPG
    Gifts3.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Gifts4.JPG
    Gifts4.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Gifts6.JPG
    Gifts6.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
The only WW related stuff I got was a Wixey Digital Angle Gauge, a set of transfer punches from LV (still on BO though), a Microjig Splitter, and a Silas Kopf marquetry DVD. Unless of course you count the Festool stuff that Sander Klaus shoved down my chimney a few months ago.:D

well........i got an ol` goodall-n-pratt egg beater drill, an emmert drafting machine and a really cool ol` rosewood mortise guage:D ...tod

I didn't get anything woodworking related.
Son and daughter-in-law gave us gift certificates for nice restaurants in the Springfield, MO area.
Wife gave me a couple nice bronze bells. One has an image of Jim Bridger on it. He was a famous mountain man. The other has an eagle and is a 1776-1976 Bi-Centennial edition. Both are made by a well-known artist. She is the bell collector but is drawing me into the hobby, a bell, or two, at a time. She also gave me three books of Bev Doolittle art. I'm not a big fan of art (paintings) but Bev Doolittle is special with her depictions of animals, indians and mountain men.

Well I see that Jesse mentioned the Festoolee thing so I will admit that I ordered the EZ Smart 100" Guide System and the Smart Top Kit for my present to myself. This should get something going.

I do not know how good the system is but I just got tired of throwing down 2x4s on the floor and cutting on my knees. We will see how it works out.

even an ugly mug gets a drink

well its been long enough so that i can devulge some inner truths, back when i was sliin my drum sander detroit had a wwshow goin on, well my wonderful girl friend let me have some of her pocket change to spend whle there. so i had an early holiday but had to wait till the day came to use the goodies,, so now i got some 50' bessys and colt tied up in the stable, and subsitute hot air device to relive her when she runs out of wind:) so fer a ugly furry faced dirty bird like me i dun alright and she still thiks i am good fela fooled her huh:thumb:

well its been long enough so that i can devulge some inner truths, back when i was sliin my drum sander detroit had a wwshow goin on, well my wonderful girl friend let me have some of her pocket change to spend whle there. so i had an early holiday but had to wait till the day came to use the goodies,, so now i got some 50' bessys and colt tied up in the stable, and subsitute hot air device to relive her when she runs out of wind:) so fer a ugly furry faced dirty bird like me i dun alright and she still thiks i am good fela fooled her huh:thumb:

:huh: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

100_2898.jpg

I guess this one is for Steve:D My soon to be 5 year old is a BIG Deere fan. We're not sure where he got it from, both Mom and Dad are city slickers. Mom made Sam a JD robe for Christmas (and a JD pick-up with a little front end loader on the trailer).:thumb:

robepage-sm.jpg

Wes