steel city customer service

I have the steel city bench top mortiser. It has a locking knob used to lock the fence in place when you get it adjusted. It had stripped and I was having to use a pair of pliers to lock or loosen it.

I called them on Wednesday. I got transfered to parts. They checked to see if it was in stock, and I got it in the mail today. They asked me two questions, model number and serial number.

Kudos to steel city for great and painless customer service.:thumb:

Thanks for posting, John. That seems consistent with pretty much every other Steel City customer service story I've heard. :thumb:

This will make Nancy's day!!!
And on second thought, it should make all of our's day. Posts complaining about poor service get over a hundred replies, here is one with good news and now only two replies. See, good news doesn't sell papers.
Good to hear and good on you to tell the story. Will keep it in mind and it will be something that causes me to look harder at them in the future.

It is good to hear, and you are right Jonathan, "if it bleeds it leads" is so very true. :(

I do have to ask one question, why did the part strip out so easily? Maybe you should have had them send you two, so you would have an extra? ;) :D

This will make Nancy's day!!!
And on second thought, it should make all of our's day. Posts complaining about poor service get over a hundred replies, here is one with good news and now only two replies. See, good news doesn't sell papers.
Good to hear and good on you to tell the story. Will keep it in mind and it will be something that causes me to look harder at them in the future.

Yep, Jon, this one makes me happy to see! I keep telling people how great SCTW is - now they might believe it!!!