A Split Top Drafting Table

That green top look familiar....oh yeah...its because I am sitting at one, or at least have one next to me where the legs have been cut off so it now sets at chair level.

Hey Hey I have been sitting behind one going on 40 yrs now. Dave I think changing
the legs will be a big chore. Why not an adjustable office chair? Besides there are
many times one needs to stand up to reach the top of a drawing, just my 2 cents.

Aaron, I was thinking of those green mats but just decided to color the top rather than drawing it in.

Les, I agree about using an adjustable stool but he wants adjustable height on the table. My guess is he'll build the second set of legs but leave it set to the height at which he originally assembles it.

It makes no difference to me. It doesn't really make the design work any harder.

Very nice, Dave. I suspect you're right...I bet it'll get set up at one height and left that way for a long time.

Here's the final design. Shop-made supports for the top and drawer pulls.

51701823.jpg

Thank you Patrick,

The last image is a combinatiion. I did a quick and dirty render in Kerkythea and then put an overlay on it made from an image direct from SU.

Well, you can sort of with a couple of different plugins. Kerkythea is pretty easy though and with the exporter, you can add KT lights in SU before exporting.

I've never messed with K as I throw my stuff into max and use mental ray/vray/fry etc.

I was a beta tester for vray for sketchup which works very well in SU but it's a bit pricey to have to buy.

I have to make the time to figure out this sketch up thing. I need to stop coaching at my job, then I'd have some down time to play with it...but the money is too good to stop coaching...argh! :bang: