Woodworker 2

I bought my first WW2 blade and made some sawdust with it... What a great blade. It is noisier than the Delta blade that I've been using but no biggie. The cut is just about as smooth as if it had been run through the jointer. :thumb:
I did get good mileage out of the Blade that came with the Unisaw and have used other good blades but this has lived up to the hype so far.

This is just a rumor of course, and I've got no first hand experience with this but the WWII reportedly also makes very nice cuts in aluminum extrusions too - like the type you'd find on miter gauge fences.

Congrats on your WWII. My first WWII was a gift from a friend and it replaced a very good LU84 50T Freud...I remember the "wow" impression.

Your Uni likely came with a Delta Industrial blade made by Leitz in Germany...pretty darn good stock blade. :thumb:

I've heard rumor that Doug will handle your aluminum cutting needs for free using his WWII! :rofl:

Your Uni likely came with a Delta Industrial blade made by Leitz in Germany...pretty darn good stock blade. :thumb:

Scott would you know a source where one can get a Leitz blade. My saw came with one and I would like to purchase more of the same but have not been able to find a Leitz branded blade like mine was.

Royall thanks for the post and good luck with the blade. I have always wondered if the hype about these blades was anything like the truth in action. Now we know.

That Delta/Leitz blade did serve me well. Cut out 2 kitchens worth of material and a lot more stuff. It's got a few nicks in the carbide and as soon as I can find someone that can do a blade justice I'll get it and a few others sharpened. I did buy a pair of blades made by Poplar, one crosscut and the other a rip. Very nice blades also but only seen at the one place that I bought them at in Blue Lake, California. After I got the Uni and used the Leitz blade I got lazy and just used the one combination blade for all my cuts:D What they need is a table saw that has two arbors that would rotate into position with the correct blade for the cut being made:thumb: Now that's lazy thinking:rofl:

Just hope I find someone local for sharpening.... shipping from here will kill me:eek:

I'll Take Doug's word for the quality of cuts the blade makes in aluminum at this time:rofl::rofl::rofl:

...What they need is a table saw that has two arbors that would rotate into position with the correct blade for the cut being made:thumb: Now that's lazy thinking:rofl:

Just hope I find someone local for sharpening.... shipping from here will kill me:eek:

I'll Take Doug's word for the quality of cuts the blade makes in aluminum at this time:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You mean like this? :thumb:
7395_1.jpg

Scott Whiting has an excellent reputation for sharpening...

Scott, Is that an old Jay Faye & Egan? We had one with the twin heads back when I was teaching. a real Git-R-Done saw. :thumb: