Walnut Kitchen

Hi guys,

Here are some photos of a kitchen I completed recently for a client.

It basically all built from walnut veneered MDF with solid wood lippings. Hope you like it.

FullKitchen.jpg

PeninsulaandCooker.jpg

Peninsula-Back.jpg

MagicCorner.jpg

CornerDrawers.jpg

BroomCupboard-1.jpg

Wow! That's a pretty piece of work, Duncan. :clap: The wood's gorgeous, and I like the nice clean lines of the cabinet style. I don't think I've seen a corner drawer like that one. Very cool.

Whats not to like about that kitchen?? Wood working is very nice and so it the layout. I saw several things I liked. Do you do the layout or the did the client bring you what they wanted?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Here are some photos of a kitchen I completed recently for a client.

Hope you like it.

"Hope I like it" You must be crazy I just love it.:thumb: What great work and a lucky client. Am i correct in understanding that all the flat stock is mdf that has been veneered. Wow fantastic job. And if I understand correctly you have to veneer both sides. How long did that take?:doh:

Duncan,

Beautiful work! How does your client like the upper cabinets opening from the bottom? I've always liked the look, but wondered about the practicality. It seems it should be an improvement over the normal swining doors. Is it?

Am i correct in understanding that all the flat stock is mdf that has been veneered. Wow fantastic job. And if I understand correctly you have to veneer both sides. How long did that take?:doh:

Hell, no!!!

I bought in 8x4 sheets of veneered MDF. It's a factory produced product we use all the time here in Europe. Do you not have it over there?

I can't imagine life without veneered MDF!

:eek:

Wonderful kitchen cabinets. I also am intrigued by the corner drawers. As for the veneered MDF, yes we do have it on this side of the pond. I do not think that most of us "hobbyist" make use of it, but I believe the commercials boys use it, but it is a lot heavier than veneer core.

Last edited:
nice job duncan!
as for veneered mdf.....i won`t use store bought veneered plywood but will use veneered mdf.
reason being the mdf does not transfer the knots in the second ply to the surface like the lesser grades of veneered plywood.
veneered mdf is as good as it gets for store bought sheetgoods.

Very nice indeed Duncan, thanks for sharing that with us :thumb:

I too wonder about the up opening cabinets, what is the hardware like, do they just lift up, and stay up, or do they lift and fold into the cabinet?

Here in Japan, the sliding cabinet doors are quite popular, we have them, and at first I thought I would not like them, but now I very much like them :thumb: