3800 LB bandsaw

Reg Mitchell

Some of the older members have seen this but I though some of the newer ppl would like a peak.....
Just trying to get back into the posting mode guys
Reg:)
myrtelwoodtbltop182.jpg

They are all pretty much the same Jeff. Most of the men back in the day worked at the different plants. I assume when one was booming they were working at one plant and when it slowed someone else was spooling up and hireing the ones layed off
The covers are about the only differance
Reg ;)

Hi Bart
You say that in jest but believe me the first over pass I came to comming out of Pa. .......I rolled up on the side of the road had my wife pull up while I was standing on the trailor to make sure it would clear........there wasn't much room at all. Even after that it took quiet a few bridges to get me over squenting my eyes and waiting for that sick sound before I felt good about traveling with that saw.
Reg

I'm just curious...couldn't you find a bigger bandsaw? ;)

That thing is a beauty! I love the look of old iron, and wish I had the opportunity to snag some myself. I'm just plain jealous :D

Reg has a new band-saw annex on his shop taller, longer & wider than the original shop building. When visitors come they automatically go to the annex first & when they ask about the other smaller part of the building Reg just says oh that's just the shop!!!

If you think this is big wait till you see the lathe Reg is getting to go with it & the annex he's building for the lathe it's way bigger than the band-saw annex. The city has annexed the next town over so that Reg will have enough room to build & so they will still receive the tax revenue for it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::eek::wave:

Reg has a new band-saw annex on his shop taller, longer & wider than the original shop building. When visitors come they automatically go to the annex first & when they ask about the other smaller part of the building Reg just says oh that's just the shop!!!

If you think this is big wait till you see the lathe Reg is getting to go with it & the annex he's building for the lathe it's way bigger than the band-saw annex. The city has annexed the next town over so that Reg will have enough room to build & so they will still receive the tax revenue for it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::eek::wave:

Why does this have the ring of truth to it..... :huh: ;) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reg, I know you were not that worried about the bandsaw hitting the overpass, you were worried about paying to build a new over pass :D :thumb:

Oh Yes guys I could have found a bigger one.....but I didn't want to cut a hole in my roof. I do know one guy in OWW that actually cut a hole in his roof and had a crane hoist in inside for him.
I did however have to take the top off of mine and have a man with a front end loader set it inside for me. The way we had to do it required once he got it inside i had to lower the garage door down covering his view from the cab because it would have hit the garage door in the up position. then I had to buy a pallet jack to move it back inside the shop to its final resting spot.....this was in Feb a few years ago and it was pouring the snow.
Reg

Once you replace those old nasty babbit bearings with a nice set of chiwanez bearings and a cool set of those orange tires it'll be just like band new:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously... you can store it at my house for say, forever!:D

Mike

Once you replace those old nasty babbit bearings with a nice set of chiwanez bearings and a cool set of those orange tires it'll be just like band new:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously... you can store it at my house for say, forever!:D

Mike

Laughing....Mike I wish it had babit bearings would be a lot cheeper to replace if they ever need it. Those babies are high dollars. I just hope I don't have to be the one to do it. I keep her greased for that reason. I didn't see any orange one you mean they like the Vols too......:thumb:
Reg