Busy night

Paul Downes

Last week a friend and I + some other guys butchered 4 hogs and we put up 75# of meats to smoke. Problem is we didn't have a smoker big enough to get the job done. So I studied up on smokehouse designs and we finished our new smokehouse this morning. Got done smoking the stuff around 10:00 pm. Just as I was finishing up over at my friends farm I got a call from my son with some very disturbing news. Apparently we had an attempted robbery. My younger son was being dropped off from his cub scout meeting and saw a guy dressed up in a Santa suit standing in our front flower bed looking in the living room window. When he got out of the neighbors truck he asked the guy what he was doing and the guy said " don't you know who I am?' My son replied "you're not Santa Clause" The guy then ran at my son who ran in the house. He then turned and ran to a waiting truck. I had my older son call the cops and they came out and took a report. These guys were sure brazen. There was at least 3 cars parked in the drive and 2 of my older sons at home. They would have run the guy to ground had they been aware of what was going on. Guess I better keep the shotgun handy. This is out in farm country. We generally don't take kindly to vermin like this.

Last summer there was 2-3 attempted kidnapings in the area. An older man tried to grab a 12 yr. old in one instance. Looks like it's time to put the word out again.

Bad situation. Human nature would be to hesitate shooting Santa just on the possibility it was an attempt at Christmas humor.
I think I would shoot his reindeer then hold him for questioning. ;)

One of my past student's house got broken into then they burnt it to cover up or dispose of evidence. 28 guns somewhere. I love my gun safe, just need to buy two more so all can be secured!!:rofl:
The new one around here, someone is knocking on doors selling scented soap. When you smell it, it knocks you out or at least impairs you and they step over you to rob your house. Home for Christmas break, have told the family if the soap salesmen show up just holler to me, "the soap salesmen are here!!!" I just want to have them face down in the snow, now the ice, until the Deputies can arrive (hope they take their time)! I have no use for thieves and no patience for anyone messing with me and mine. Hope they find this lowlife.

Yah, My sons are quite capable with the firearms. I would NEVER want to shoot someone it's a terrible thing to have to live with, no matter how deserving the vermin. It is against human goodness to take another life.

I did have a guy break into my house a long time ago WHILE I WAS HOME. I grew up in the inner city and developed a "sixth sense" about when things were wrong. I knew something was up when I heard the back door open. As the guy walked through the kitchen into the hallway I was ready and pointed a .44 at him. I was sure scared and was watching what his hands were doing. I'm sure glad he turned and ran. Any sudden move toward me and he would have caught 5 rounds. I was shooting a lot of pistol back then and was very good at putting all bullets on target real fast. My brother is a police officer and we were shooting regularly back then. He ended up on Tampa Florida's SWAT team and was on their pistol competition team.

Geeze, shooting Santa the week before Christmas. I don't know if I would have ever lived that one down. :D

...Geeze, shooting Santa the week before Christmas. I don't know if I would have ever lived that one down. :D
Yeah, I suspect that would be some bad Karma of some sort. :p No worse than the Karma the slimeball in the Santa suit is likely to collect, though.