Work Shop additions!

Gary Lange

Here are some pictures of the outfeed Table and the Phil Thien Mini Separator I built for the shop. The separator works pretty good and will keep the Shop Vac Filter cleaner by catching the sawdust in the separator. I tried it and it works very well as I picked up the sawdust I dumped on the floor that was in the separator like I hoped it would be and the Shop Vac was cleaner. I didn't have it real clean so I think a little dust fell from the filter.
OutfeedTable-2.jpg

OutfeedTable-1.jpg

Separator and Vac on little Trailer
MiniSeparator-1.jpg

Inner Workings of the Separator
MiniSeparator-2.jpg

Larry that is just the dust connection from the Table Saw that I knocked off when vacuuming the floor with my new toy.
Here are pictures of the Extension in down position and the Table Attachment to saw.
OutfeedTable-3.jpg

OutfeedTableattachment.jpg

Nice Job, Gary. Is the top plywood with formica glued on or did you get some sort of melamine board? Is this your design? How come you chose to break the top into two pieces where you did?

Cold in Nixa today? Is in St. Joe (10 degrees):eek:

Roger, I got the idea off of the internet from http://sawsndust.com/ and I liked his idea of the stationary 12" section and the rest folding it is under the projects section. The top is laminated from a piece I had laying around from the Router Table Project.

Yes it is cold down here in Nixa. Give a shout if you come down to Grizzly we can have lunch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the plans, Gary. Looks very interesting and something I could definitely use (after I get a few other projects done, of course). I have the plans for the Phil Thien Mini Separator to add to my shop. Shop vac is all I can afford, both in dollars and size, right now. Sounds like yours works well. That is high on the priority list right now as I am tired of wheezing after I spend some time in the shop.

And I will give you a call next time I head south. Got family in Springfield so go that way once in awhile.

Merry Christmas.

I built that same out feed table in 2003 when I got my Delta. It took quite a beating when I shipped it over here though.:( Did make one mistake when I built it.:eek: I wanted it to be a little longer so I added a few inches and didn't do enough R&D and now I can't let the table fold flat against the saw as the edge of the table hits the floor long before it reaches the TS:doh: Someday I'll take the time to re build it but it isn't that far up the priority list:thumb:

IMG_8272 (Small).jpg

I did something similar with putting extra edging around it then had to cut some off and redo the edge. That is why you see the exposed would line. My secret is out now. I am not perfect but I blame it on age!

I did something similar with putting extra edging around it then had to cut some off and redo the edge. That is why you see the exposed would line. My secret is out now. I am not perfect but I blame it on age!

Age??!!

Wife and I went to Ken's Pancake house in Hilo the other day.. Had a great dinner and asked for the bill. Looked at it and found a 10% discount at the bottom??? :dunno:Asked the waitress what the discount was for thinking it was for bad service or something but then the poor girls started fidgeting, stammering, and apologizing!!! Finally got her to tell me why she was rattled. She thought I was upset for "assuming" I was old enough for a senior discount:rofl::rofl::rofl: After my wife quite laughing (had to remind her she is only 5 months younger and her time is coming) and I got the waitress settled down, and yes indeed I was a senior old goat, we all had a good laugh. :) But reaching 60 has finally started to pay off????:D

Royall, I will be 64 in January and still feel funny about asking for a Senior Discount because I don't look or feel that old. I was glad to turn 60 because that meant my Railroad Retirement kicked in and I could retire.