Need your prayers again.

Nancy Laird

You may recall that early this year, just at New Year's, my dad had a stroke and was in hospital and rehab for about 5 weeks. He has been at home since early February, but getting more and more feeble, having lots of trouble getting around, and generally wearing my mother out (she's 83 and trying to be his sole caregiver). Last Thursday, while she was gone to our weekly bridge club, he managed to fall in the kitchen and hit his head. Although the doc says that he didn't break anything, he has complained about pain in his leg and can't seem to walk. We are of the (uneducated) opinion that he has had another stroke. Anyway, he is back in the rehab hospital for another round of therapy, and the doctor says he will NOT go back home until he can walk again.

I ask for your prayers for him. He'll be 89 in January, and his 6-foot, 6-inch body has shriveled down to about 6'2", and he is nothing but skin and bones - he was weighed at 129 pounds yesterday. Truthfully, I think he's ready to go and be with his Maker, but we aren't ready to let him go yet.

Please pray that he may be able to hang on a little longer. I couldn't bear to lose my daddy during the Christmas season.

Thanks.

Nancy

I'll pray for the situation you are in. I lost my Father early after Christmas and then years later my Mother just before Christmas...

I can assure you that the good memories replace the loss to a great extent as time marches on..

Garry

Nancy my prayers that God follows his plan regardless if we currently agree. Quite honestly, there is never a good time to lose a loved one. I will never schedule that in a datebook! Of course you have my family's best wishes for the best outcome for this situation. My prayers are with and for you and your family. May God Bless and have the best Christmas possible.

Nancy it is always tough to see a loved one in pain or not being able to care for themself. Prayers are coming your way from central Iowa. I too am faced with difficult times in that my sibs and I think that it is time for my folks to go to assisted living. I know that they don't want to go but my mother is failing in memory and health. Dad is doing good yet.

Remembering you and your family during this very difficult time. Lost my Dad on Easter Sunday in 1999. Holidays are very difficult when associated with the loss of a loved one. But God continues to heal and lessen the hurt.