What did santa bring you?

Christmas Gifts

The wife and I decided not to exchange gifts again this year. We really don't need any thing anyway, except each other. But we went to 4:30 Mass. I usher at that one so we went back for 10:00 Mass so we could enjoy the beutifull music. We took along our friends from accross the street. After church came back to our place for coffie and snacks. Then I gave my friend a 93piece Drill set (19.2 ) volt drill. The next day we were in the shope and made a project from Shop Notes that would hold all the 93 parts. That made Christmas a lot of fun for me. We also enjoy our 4 dogs. Of course we also had a house full of kids and grandkids & greatgrand kids. Was fun but sure enjoyed the quiet after they all left.:rofl:

That sounds like a really nice couple of days Ron. I'm sure your friend will get a lot of service from the drill and bits. I really like you guys got together and put your skills to work building a project for the set. I'll bet it got quiet after everyone left, but the noise is what makes it all worthwhile.

We had 2 Christmases here. The saterday before was the whole family as the younger son and his wife were leaving for the big island the day before Christmas. Then on Christmas day my floks and Sandy's folks were here along with the family that was here and our 2 granddaughters. We had the big meal and then opened gifts. At the end Sandy said that she forgot one and told Erica to go to the basement and get it. I opened it and it was a Dust Dog filter. Then she called the neighbor to have him bring the rest of it over. She had gotten me a 1hp. Jet DC. Now I have to clean up the shop and start useing it. I know no pics didn't happen. I haven't figured out the pics thing yet and Vaughn has tried with his tutoral. Just dumb on this end.

Turning stuff

Well, I still have a family Christmas yet to attend, but so far I have gotten some turning tools for making hollow vessels. I can't wait for the weather to warm up, cuz I have been itching to make some wood vases!

Hutch

Well, santa definitely spoiled me this year. For starters, my sister got me this stuff...

IMG_1985 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_1994 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_1995 (600 x 450).jpg

My girlfriend Angie got me these...

IMG_1992 (600 x 450).jpg
Really excited to get sharpening all my chisels!

And parents spoiled me with this...

IMG_1986 (600 x 450).jpg
...and free with the saw came this...
IMG_1987 (600 x 450).jpg

...my birthday is next month and they told me it was my birthday present also. I'm going to have to a agree with them on that, they better not get me a bday gift! Getting that as a present was completely unexpected and I am very grateful.

and my other sister and her husband didn't talk with my parents what they were getting me so they got me one too!

IMG_1988 (600 x 450).jpg

I was totally blown away! The one that came free with the saw is a 1 3/4 hp and the one my sis got me is the 2 1/4 hp. I don't know what to do! Keep them both or return the one for something else? I'll post that in a different thread, maybe you guys have some suggestions? ...I don't want to steal this thread with my dilemma :)

As the role of santa, I completed the crib and gave it to my girlfriend's sister and her husband on Christmas Day. It was a great moment, I'll post pics.

I hope you all had (and are still having) a wonderful holiday. It sounds like a lot of you had some really nice days of relaxing and being with your families. That is the best part about this time of year. Happy New Year everyone!

Son and daughter-in-law managed to find some vintage tools at the Trade Days in the town they live in, so got me a two speed breast drill, another brace and a draw knife. The they tracked down an old tool dealer I know in that part of the state and asked him to recommend something. He just happened to have some new-old stock General Trammel Points he'd recently gotten.

Christmas0801.jpg

The "Lot".

Christmas0802.jpg

Close-up of trammels. I've got a user set already, so I'll just preserve these.

Tried to convince the LOML I really didn't want or need anything, but she insisted on getting me a new mobile phone with a camera. She wanted to get me a Blackberry, but I really have no use for all the gadgets on that, nor the extra monthly charge for services I won't use. Main thing is that I could transfer my contact list to the new one without having to type it all in.

But best of all was having this whole mottley bunch together under one roof.

PC251798-800.jpg

That's the mother-in-law sitting in the middle of the whole mess in the rocking chair. She came out to visit from far West Texas.

Last edited:
Hi Ned,

I just got around to looking at what everyone else got and did for christmas and I must say I am mighty impressed with the cutting boards you made. They are some fine looking ones. Who ever received them for christmas (i wish did ..... hehehe) was truly lucky. NICE JOB !!!!