I scream, you scream, we all scream, for Ice Cream

Frank Townend

Finally getting around to finishing some of my 'presents' for Christmas.

These are Rockler Ice Cream Scoop Kits

3138934810_7670d5b4b7_b.jpg

From Left to Right: Myrtle / Birdseye Maple / Kingwood / Birdseye Maple / Kingwood / Birdseye Maple / Black & White Ebony

The Myrtle surprised me. We had an auction at our Turner's Club and I bought several 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" X 12" twisted up "hunks" of donated Myrle. It turned and polished up nicely.

Here is the back of the Black & White Ebony:

Attachments

• B and W Ebony.JPG
    B and W Ebony.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 31
Thank you Jim and Pete. Forgot to say, I cut them with a sharp skew, sanded with 220 grit and used the Beal buffing system. Just a touch of Renaissance Wax at the end.

That ice cream sounds mighty good Jim; no bad time for ice cream.

Last edited:
I have a whole village of snowmen now and still turning for the right one.:thumb: Of course I have no idea what I am going to do with all the ones that don't make the grade. But I sure am having fun making them.

When everyone sends theirs to you put all of those and your village set on a shelf together. When someone admires one, say "I made that one" when someone doesn't like one, say "that was sent to me".

You can't lose.

Those are ALL Beauties, Frank, But with the Brass, I think the Kingwood is just AWSOME. It just has that Really Rich Look.:thumb::thumb::thumb: (now the light colored ones should be used to serve Low Cal ice cream):rofl::rofl::rofl:

WOW beautifull work,I can add pounds just looking at em :thumb:

Thanks Ken, better get exercising!

Those are ALL Beauties, Frank, But with the Brass, I think the Kingwood is just AWSOME. It just has that Really Rich Look.:thumb::thumb::thumb: (now the light colored ones should be used to serve Low Cal ice cream):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great idea Norman, I love the Kingwood, it has a very rich look and polishes beautifully. "Low-Cal Ice Cream?" That is a violation of nature and should be outlawed! :D

Very nice! I really like the grain of the kingwood. I've also never seen kingwood before.

Thank you Mark. I was taken with the description on the Rockler Web site so I thought I would give it a try. It is beautiful wood, my picture doesn't do it justice. Kingwood, while not rare, isn't just laying around. Most folks use it for accents.