Redneck Workshop

See that you have the primary tool on your table, a tool
that I too can not do without

DUCK TAPE :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Close to what I had to begin with, except I didnt have the tent. All my tools were on wheeels and I would roll them out of the shed and into the elements. Rainy days were hard on me

Its too cold to build outside most of the time in the Northeast, BUT I did not have much either. In fact it was a 12 x 16 shop in a spare room. That sounds like a lot, until you figure every spec of sawdust found its way from that spare room into my house. I remember on one occasion, I had to saw a long board and wacked it up using a radial arm saw on my kitchen table!

I never judge another's quality of work by their shops...my Grandfather was an excellent turner and his shop was a deplorable dungeon underneath an apartment building in a city. It was dark, wet, and had wiring from the 20's I think. Still he forged ahead and made some nice stuff.

That's what I like about this place...no one bashes you for not having a 5000 square foot shop.

Stu is your grandfather? :huh: :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now that's some funny right there. :D

Travis is right, though. Nobody will bash you for having a small shop. We might kid around a bit, but we're all about equal opportunity. We joke about big shops, little shops, clean shops, dirty shops, old shops, new shops, underground shops, and of course, Ned. :p

Travis is right, though. Nobody will bash you for having a small shop. We might kid around a bit, but we're all about equal opportunity. We joke about big shops, little shops, clean shops, dirty shops, old shops, new shops, underground shops, and of course, Ned. :p

Ned has a shop :huh:

Sorry Ned, I just had to :D

My first shop in Japan was in the basement of the L shop, I had to keep the dust off the product stacked on shelves, so I used three blue tarps that came down like a sun blind to make a shop area for myself where I could run my tablesaw...... which was my much abused little Makita circular saw, upside down in a piece of wood about 2' square, that started life as a table, I got it out of the garbage and cut it down to the 2' square size, and used the cut off bits for legs of a sort. I drilled four holes in the base of the circular saw, and screwed it to the underside of my cabinet, and I clamped a board to the top to act as a fence. I built my first set of wine shelves with that set up (still i use too!) it was a beginning, and we all got to start somewhere :thumb:

Stu is your grandfather? :huh: :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
bwahahahahaaaa!

TY, TYVM!
Ned has a shop :huh:

Sorry Ned, I just had to :D

I built my first set of wine shelves with that set up (still i use too!) it was a beginning, and we all got to start somewhere :thumb:

Of Course you did... (note sarcasm...):rolleyes:;):D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I might have snow In my shop(depending on the wind direction), but I have a Shop! And as I mentioned, he had shade, when I was in his shoes, I was schlepping my tools in and out of the garden shed!