Ok What is your Woodworking New Years Resolution

2009 will be the year I'll actually build a piece of furniture!

Of course, I'll be about finished with my Mom's bookcase this coming weekend, so this may be cheating a little bit ;)

To find shop time during the school year. With teaching duties and athletic duties I find any extra time to be family time. I need to be in the shop! Maybe if I spent less time here, at SMC and WC I could get in the shop!:huh:

Renovate my drive thru corn crib into my new and dedicated wood shop. Then finish the kitchen, living room ceiling, dining room ceiling and tear up the only bathroom in our house!!!!!!
Oh and visit Larry this summer at least once!!!!! :thumb::thumb:
The most important one, drive with my grandson in the pony cart with the miniature horse I have bargained for.

Resolutions.

Probably too many, but the only one woodworking is to start and finish every project with a clean and organized shop!

Resolutions.

Probably too many, but the only one woodworking is to start and finish every project with a clean and organized shop!

Brent, when you pick a resolution you pick a doozy!:thumb:

Do you really think that is a resolution that the average woodworker can keep for more than say, 1 month??:dunno:
The only way I could do it is to clean the shop and lock the door:rofl::rofl:

Renovate my drive thru corn crib into my new and dedicated wood shop. Then finish the kitchen, living room ceiling, dining room ceiling and Build a new 2nd bathroom before I tear up the only bathroom in our house!!!!!!:doh::eek::wave::):D
Oh and visit Larry this summer at least once!!!!! :thumb::thumb:
The most important one, drive with my grandson in the pony cart with the miniature horse I have bargained for.

Why? Because I have women in the house.

My wife likes to say my primary hobby is 'cleaning the garage'. Guess I need to work on a little more output! :D

Brent, when you pick a resolution you pick a doozy!:thumb:

Do you really think that is a resolution that the average woodworker can keep for more than say, 1 month??:dunno:
The only way I could do it is to clean the shop and lock the door:rofl::rofl:

Design and Build more to eventually quit my present job that doesn't satisfy me, but it pays the bills and the tools, it is not the goal but a way to the real goal:):)

well that was my second choice bart but the color on this monitor showed it as a bone white color nothe baby poo yeller:) ifun i were to drop my quard it would be one of the two but i dont have time or spcae to learn that thing,, not even got he smarts to attempt it.. thats why i helped deliver a couple of them critters to others in years past:)

Build more boats!! :D

Well it's not a Resolution. I made a News Years Resolution many years ago that I have never broken. No more Resolutions!

• Aha,
A man after my OWN Heart.:thumb: I did the same about 20 years ago, and I do believe it's the ONLY Resolution that I have NEVER Broken.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Happy New Year to everyone.

Well, my few resolutions would be:

1) To try to keep my job as long as I can.
2) To try to find somewhere to establish MY shop.
3) To try to get into the swing of making a few things I can show all of you.

Now, we will see how all those play out. :rofl:

Aloha, Tony

I don't tend to do the resolution thing...

But in the spirit of community...

- get out on the bike, though maybe not as much as last year
- build lots of stuff for the family :thumb:
- sell a few more magazine articles
- decide if I can afford a SawStop this year or not :huh:
- decide if I can afford a new iMac, and/or a new OSS, and/or a new impact driver, and/or ..... :eek:

...art

ps: oh yeah, and maintain solidarity with Larry - No Spinny disease this year!