High caliber first project post...

Ted Calver

Staff member
....well, maybe not so high caliber, but I tried!! :) I made a pepper mill like this one for a hunter friend and then decided I wanted one too, so this ones mine. Crush grind mechanism, mahogany body and maple burl bullet. Stands about 14" high and has 2 coats of Waterlox Original on it so far. I'll do 3 more and then buff it out--that's a 300 Winchester Magnum next to it, just for scale. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Attachments

• Pepper-2a.jpg
    Pepper-2a.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hey! Neat. :thumb: Very clever project. Will make a unique gift for your friend. You should know, we are a bunch of thieves here. Some might just steal that idea. ;)

I won't 'steal' your idea, but may borrow it next time I go into peppermill mode.. overstocked right now so need to sell off a few before I make more.

Great idea and well done. I like the crush grind mechanism... allows for lots and lots of design options.

Thanks for the kind words folks!! I only have an original idea once every ten years or so.....but i'm happy to share when they come along...just hope i can last long enough for another one!! :) :)