On-going shop project

Welcome to the family Dean! :wave:

Thanks for the shop tour, that is quite a shop. When I first saw the two doors on the side, I was thinking you built in a dog house for yourself. :D

Really nice job on it. :thumb:

BTW, browsed some of your project pics, really like those lamps. I'm assuming from the knob that they are adjustable in height? Also, must be close to Grizzly...quite a few of their tools.

Last edited:
You are building every retirees dream. Great-great shop.
And, your home setting is beautiful.
Where do you live, looks cold there. We kinda like to see where folks live. If you wouldn't mind putting your hometown in your profile, you might find you have FW friends living not far away.
I, too, note some Grizzly tools. Are you going to add a lathe?
BTW, welcome to the Family.

Your Shop Looks Great !!!

I thought that I had a niece shop till I saw yours Dean , I don't know if mine has ever been as clean as yours is . Makes me feel bad :doh:, so I'll just have to work a little harder to keep it cleaner ....:dunno:......Marshall...:wave:

Thanks for all the nice comments--

Wow-- I'm kinda new to this forum idea, but I'm very glad to meet up with all of you... The shop is a fun place to hang out-- Especially when the snow is flying like now---
To answer a couple of questions--

We're in NW Wisconsin--Yep--Packer and Twins fans-- we can get that out of the way now! {:cool:

The refrigerator is a must--- a cold brew is "coin of the realm" up here!

The lamps on the project page were xmas presents for my DIL's this year-- They are vertically adjustable-- The lampshades were originally supposed to be a truncated pyramids (eg mission/craftsman style) but the joinery angles defeated me in my comstructed time window...I'll probably return to those later-- it's an interesting problem.

Next up are a couple of new rustic lamps and a simple double desk for another DIL.... Again.. Thanks a lot for the kind greetings... Dean