My Husband Keeps Nagging Me...

Hello Kalea
Nice to have you join the rag tag bunch here. If you haven't guessed we LOVE pictures of any of your work HINT!
Dawn

Things are very slowly starting to wind down here from the holidays. I have a couple projects to finish before I can have another photo day, but once I do I will be sure to post some pics!

Hi Kalea, Welcome, and glad to have you. I'll just ECHO what the others have already said.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've just gotta know though, did Chuck get you on one of his "Pirate Raids"?:D

Actually.... it's my fault he's a pirate.... I am after all Captain of the ship ;)

No, No, Norman, Chuck said he found her at Sears (remember the w(r)ench post???) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hello KaLea (how actually do you pronounce that? Kay Lee ah?)
Yep, won't hold Chuck against you, actually he seems to be a good pirate!:thumb:

Thanks for asking Jonathan... it's actually pronounced KAY Lee

Welcome Kalea!
I like your hat and the feather as well!
Maybe nobody warned you but these are dangerous waters.... even for pirates.
Wood here doesn't float! flyes away in form of shavings and sawdust:):D

What do you mean wood around here doesn't float..... this is wood and it floats... it was my first real wood project, I was 9! Also a couple of fork pics since I just *had* to take a picture of the boat and I had the fork modeled picture on the camera taken this very afternoon!
Each fork comes out different. I pretty much rough out a shape with the scroll saw then finish shaping on the belt sander and do all the finish sanding by hand. Some of them have extra details, like the skull fork, that I do with the dremel.

Attachments

• tn_boat.jpg
    tn_boat.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 34
  • tn_HornFork.jpg
    tn_HornFork.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 36
  • tn_skull_fork2.jpg
    tn_skull_fork2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 36
Actually.... it's my fault he's a pirate.... I am after all Captain of the ship ;)

And now you all know why the big to do on getting a good one inch belt sander.
Cause if she ain't happy I'm not:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

AHA, the "REAL TRUTH" finally comes out.:doh: Now we can Fully Understand Chuck's Posts.:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kalea, I liked your boat, reminded me of some I built, but you used much prettier wood than I had. We used the thick pine boards salvaged from the ends of wooden Apple boxes they used back then. My buddies and I didn't put strings on ours though, we put sails on them and set them loose on the town's water reservoir, (lake), and then got our fishing rods and practiced casting at the boats to pull them in. (We lost a few boats till we got better at the casting).:rolleyes::D

I "whittled" the boat out of a piece of Maine Cedar... pretty sure it was from my grampy's stack of cordwood. If memory serves I carved the boat and he put that sail part together

to come here and do an introduction so
Hi :wave: I'm KaLea from NH and Chuck is my husband.
I'm mostly a jewelry designer but I like to play around in his wood shop sometimes as well. I have actually managed to find a decent way of integrating wood into what I like to do, mostly in the form of hair forks.

Welcome Kalea > you could get Chuck to cut you some earrings out of wood on the scroll saw , this could be something that maybe you both would love to do together . Their is some patterns out their that even a jewelry designer would like thats made of wood ..:thumb:.......good luck........Marshall....:type:

What do you mean wood around here doesn't float..... this is wood and it floats... it was my first real wood project, I was 9! Also a couple of fork pics since I just *had* to take a picture of the boat and I had the fork modeled picture on the camera taken this very afternoon!
Each fork comes out different. I pretty much rough out a shape with the scroll saw then finish shaping on the belt sander and do all the finish sanding by hand. Some of them have extra details, like the skull fork, that I do with the dremel.

I like the skull fork a lot, when it is not being worn it reminds an octopus or should I say a "kraken" :)when it is worn only the skull is seen giving a great pirate look!:thumb::thumb:

welcome kalea and i think that most of them folks earlier arent seein the whole picture,, i think you derserve a moajor atta girl for agreeing to be his wife thats a major job you signed up for, and probally one that you wont get much compensation for. so just so you know i respe4ct you for takin in such a reched sorat person like chuck and attempt to make him a respectable citzen again sometime in the futur:rofl::rofl::rofl: welcome and your one tuff lady :thumb:

i will worry about washin it all down after i eat it chuck,, and if it tastes good i wont need to wash it down it will glide like a fine silk stocking i the wind:rofl: and beside if i am nice to there we really know who is in charge of the big picture..:rofl:

Welcome Kalea > you could get Chuck to cut you some earrings out of wood on the scroll saw , this could be something that maybe you both would love to do together . Their is some patterns out their that even a jewelry designer would like thats made of wood ..:thumb:.......good luck........Marshall....:type:

Why on earth would I want him to cut them out... have you seen some of the stuff that man makes? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Seriously though I can't be letting him use my tools, he could hurt himself....:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ok... really seriously.... I do mostly wire and knotted jewelry. I have taken a shine to using wood as backgrounds for the work though, pics of that to come soon.

I like the skull fork a lot, when it is not being worn it reminds an octopus or should I say a "kraken" :)when it is worn only the skull is seen giving a great pirate look!:thumb::thumb:

I was pretty happy with how it came out myself. I remember however that I didn't care much for working with that material but can't for the life of me recall why. I think I need to start taking notes on all the materials I use and what I like or don't like about them, how they handle, etc.
We stopped at the *special* wood store today and a got a few pieces of mystery wood... I think it's ebony, and a hunk of Ziracote, a short board of Lyptus to make a box and a HUGE slab of Pink Ivory which I am very excited to be using some of to make a hair fork. I decided that I was going to try and do step by step pics for that project because it is a custom order and of larger than my standard size.

i will worry about washin it all down after i eat it chuck,, and if it tastes good i wont need to wash it down it will glide like a fine silk stocking i the wind:rofl: and beside if i am nice to there we really know who is in charge of the big picture..:rofl:

Schmoozer or not... seems like a pretty smart man to me ;)

Schmoozer or not... seems like a pretty smart man to me ;)

Careful, he likes the expensive beers. I should know, as he put a serious dent in my supply of Newcastle Ale's.

Between this post and the one with the proper pronunciation of your name, I have this thought in my head, "No, Mal is the captain no matter what Jayne wants."

Off on a tangent we go..........

Don't you just love FireFly :D

I never saw it on TV, but I rented the movie Serenity, and then I got the FireFly DVD set last summer, just love it, too bad it went off air. :wave:

Shinny :thumb: