delta 13 inch planer with craftsman blades?

I have a delta 13 inch planer. It's about time to get a set of replacement knives for the thing. They run around 45 bucks for a replacement set.
Now, where does the craftsman blades come into play? I was at Sears with the wife the other day and while she was looking at wife things I was perusing the tool/electronics section. I was in the saw blade section seeing if they might have some crazy deal on Freud blades or something (they didn't). I did however see a set of 13 inch craftsman planer knives that look identical to the deltas that are on mine for 25 bucks. This was the regular price. Before I take one of my knives over to sears to see if they match-up, I was wondering if anyone might know if they are the same?

If you have a set of calipers measure the thickness if everything else is close then you should be good to go just make sure they are the same thickness so the gibbs will set them right and hold.
Keep in mind they may not be as good as the ones in it. If they are Freud then you will be alright.
If your not sure of the Sears blade get a catalog form Ballew Saw & Tool they carry them and are usually a good price they can also sharpen your old ones as long as they are not the disposable ones.
Jay

Please try it and let us know! I need a new set myself.

Jason

I have a delta 13 inch planer. It's about time to get a set of replacement knives for the thing. They run around 45 bucks for a replacement set.
Now, where does the craftsman blades come into play? I was at Sears with the wife the other day and while she was looking at wife things I was perusing the tool/electronics section. I was in the saw blade section seeing if they might have some crazy deal on Freud blades or something (they didn't). I did however see a set of 13 inch craftsman planer knives that look identical to the deltas that are on mine for 25 bucks. This was the regular price. Before I take one of my knives over to sears to see if they match-up, I was wondering if anyone might know if they are the same?

I took one of my planer blades to sears tonight and they are an exact match. The total cost was about 29.00. The cheapest I've found for delta blades has been around 43.00 plus shipping. The only difference is the delta have the delta symbol on the blades, the craftsman don't have any markings.