Craftsman Professional Model Table Saw

Dan Mooney

I have a Craftsman Professional Model Table Saw and I really like the saw it was easy to set up and works very well.

The only problem I have is that the arbor is short. A 1/2" dado blade is about the maximum I can put on it.

Does anyone know if there is a replacement arbor that has a longer threaded portion?

Thanks for your time.

Dan Mooney

Hi Dan, and welcome. Are you leaving the arbor washer off the arbor when you stack your dado set? Leaving the washer off is a common practice that's recommended by several manufacturers including Freud. As long as the nut is fully seated, it's a safe practice that allows a few more chippers to be added.

HTH

Thanks for reply Scott, I tried your suggestion today and it worked beautiful!

My eternal Gratitude!!

Dan
Of course, that's gonna cost you some pics of what your building. :p We like pictures around here. :D

Welcome aboard, Dan. :wave: I'll echo Scott's advice...a lot of contractor saws have shorter arbors, and as he said, many manufacturers recommend leaving the washer off. It is important to get the nut all the way onto the threads.

I have a Dayton (Grainger) 10 TS, the company that make them for Grainger supplied them to Sears at one point. Check and see if your arbor has a recessed hex hole in the end of it. If so there is a dado arbor that is longer. I ran 2 sets of dado blades, with a 1/2" spacer between them. The set was used to make bridle joints on my 12 bar stools, 48 perfect cuts. I'd like to have a PM, but they don't have the longer arbor, and I don't have room for 2 TS's so I'll hang on to my Dayton.

Attachments

• dado stack.jpg
    dado stack.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11
  • joint cut.jpg
    joint cut.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 10
  • joint.jpg
    joint.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 9
  • bar stool.jpg
    bar stool.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
Of course, that's gonna cost you some pics of what your building. :p We like pictures around here. :D

Welcome aboard, Dan. :wave: I'll echo Scott's advice...a lot of contractor saws have shorter arbors, and as he said, many manufacturers recommend leaving the washer off. It is important to get the nut all the way onto the threads.

Can I pass "Go" and collect my $200 now? :laugh2:

;)