wavy eucalyptus pieces

hello folks- heres some u.k eucalypt which is a challenge to turn but can produce some great organic shapes

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0381.jpg

DSCF0382.jpg

DSCF1372.jpg

DSCF1377.jpg

Very cool, George. :thumb: I picked up a couple big pieces of similar-looking eucalyptus earlier this week. My previous encounters with this type of eucalyptus has involved lots of cracking during the drying process. I may just follow your lead and turn it thin and let it do what it wants.

Very cool, George. :thumb: I picked up a couple big pieces of similar-looking eucalyptus earlier this week. My previous encounters with this type of eucalyptus has involved lots of cracking during the drying process. I may just follow your lead and turn it thin and let it do what it wants.

my advice to any one working with this timber is to work quickly and keeep it wet- if you stop to have a drink etc it wil start to move- turn it as soon a s you can, keep it wet whilist turning( be carfull of any electrics) wet sand it and within 24 hours it will have moved incredibly after 48 hours its all done. hold it upto your ear after 1 hour and you will hear the poping and fizzing as it moves- its incredible stuff- plus it makes your workshop smell nice :thumb:

Wow that is some really cool stuff nice work! So I take it from your explanation of things that you just turn this stuff green and it shapes itself like this from drying? If so that's pretty neat. Those look great