D.I.Y Pen Press

Nice Job! I've got to modify mine to use that toggle clamp type thing for the stop block.. That's a great idea....

(So I'm stealing it.....) :thumb:

Nice job ! When you do the push block drill it deep enough so yo can add a nut on the rod. Being able to turn the nut a turn or two really helps to "inch" up when you need just a "hair" more.

Very nice, John. For the few pens I've turned, I've used one of my Gross Stabil parallel clamps, but if I was doing more than a few per year, I'd like to have a press like yours.

Very nice, John. For the few pens I've turned, I've used one of my Gross Stabil parallel clamps, but if I was doing more than a few per year, I'd like to have a press like yours.

For a "few" pens, your clamps, a bench vice, the drill press, almost anything will work. But, if you get to doing very many, the pen press is very handy indeed.
And, John, that toggle should be just fine. If you need great force to assemble a pen....sumptin' is wrong.
I have often thought an old fashioned walnut cracker or bottle capper might make a good pen press. Jest a thought...:rolleyes: