Another Snake

Syd Lorandeau

Thanks to Wayne Bowen I gave a run on his toutorial on how to make a snake, it is not a pretty as his but it works great. Now I hope this works as this is my first go at posting pics. One is the snake and the other my first go at using it. It is about 7 by 3 inches, the wood is spaulted suger maple from my yard thanks to the last ice storm. I know this is not a hollow form but I wanted to see what was happening on the first run. Actually I am trying to build the courage to try a hollow form.
Syd L

Attachments

• DSC04922.JPG
    DSC04922.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC04925.JPG
    DSC04925.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 151
Syd, glad to see you got the snake done. Looks like it will work. I didn't see this thread until my son Jeff e-mailed me the link. Now lets see some HF from you. :thumb:

Hi Wayne,
Like I said I am working up to it, think I will go with a large hole on the first one as I am not sure my so called holow form tools are the best.
You said that to be sure your holes are dead on, well my friend who has a Bridgeport let me use it (with his training) and I do not believe it but with just the plastice washers it is nice and smooth.
Many, many THANKS,
Syd