Chuck,

Geez! You're not asking a question, you're just bragging about the great deal you found on that powermatic! :thumb:

Why is it still sitting in the store? Someone else might grab it! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

hi chuck ,

personally i would go for the powermatic (used) :thumb:

my 14" jet has been rather dissapointing since i got it. i've had to keep putting money into it to make it right, and every few months it gives me more reasons to sell it and start again :doh: i am going through one of those times now , you may just find it in the classifieds before long :bang:

the part that bothers me most is i bet i don't have 20 hrs on it since it was new :eek:

chuck,
you`ve been in this long enough.........jet and p/m are both owned and imported by wmh tool group. p/m is slightly higher quality but still a tai/chi product.
save your money and start lookin` for either old american iron or a steel framed italian saw. the used market is real lively now and will only get better for the buyer over the next year or more.
spend wisely!

Thought about a Rikon 18" for about $1000?
A lot more saw for a little more money. Everything i've read about them has been really good.
A friend of mine who builds custom furniture ran the wheels off a new Powermatic 14" a couple of years ago. It was soon after they had been bought, and she was completely frustrated with the quality control and unreliability of her saw. She replaced it at the time with a used Harbor Freight (practically free). It actually held up much better than the PM. She kept that set up for small stuff and now has an old Yates American for the rough stuff.
Maybe there's a decent used machine that might suite your needs. I'm a big proponent of buying used, and run a 20" Crescent saw from 1932 and an obscure "Bradley" 17" from about the turn of the last century. I've got less than $200 in them - combined. Just a thought.
Have fun with the hunt.
paulh