Is it cold enough for you now!

Rob Keeble

Hi All

We hit -27 Celcius here this morning at 7am. There was quiet a spread of temperature across the Greater Toronto Area. Barrie a place to the north of me apparently recorded -33 celcius.

What a Artic blast. Current temp outside has warmed up. At 10:40am eastern time it is now -19 celcius.

Dont see any brrrrrrr....emotion icons so I guess I will go for a hot come of Java :coffee: :D

Celsius to Fahrenheit:
f.gif

Therefore:

F
°=-19 * 9/5 + 32

F
°= (-19 * 9) / 5 + 32

F
°= (-171) / 5 + 32

F
°= (-34.2) + 32

F = -2.2
° F (Or 34.2° below freezing)

-4 here now at 10 am. Supposed to get the COLD air tomorrow, -1 with -30 wind chill, tomorrow night is supposed to be -11 without any windchill. Saturday will be a balmy 20 (50 degrees warmer makes 20 feel balmy!).
Sending it your way Larry.
They are releasing school today at 11:30, county says they can't keep up with the blowing snow and are going pull off of the roads for a while. So talk to you from home later today after I run my PM bus route in the AM!! :rolleyes:

Yup, it's COLD alright, 33° this morning, 51° right now with a high of 57° predicted (don't think we'll make it). Low tonight 30°, with a low of 27° for tomorrow night. What's happenning !! :eek::eek:

What happened to the global warming theory ?? :huh:
Is it being replaced with the second ice age? :D

Celsius to Fahrenheit:
f.gif

Therefore:

F
°=-19 * 9/5 + 32

F
°= (-19 * 9) / 5 + 32

F
°= (-171) / 5 + 32

F
°= (-34.2) + 32

F = -2.2
° F (Or 34.2° below freezing)
My granddaddies West Virginia weather prognosticator has been the most accurate I know of. It's a 10 foot log chain.---Throw is on the road and if it crawls off you know its hot. Hang it in a tree and if it stands straight out the wind is blowing.:thumb:

I am in the office right now, but the temperature outside is probably around 78 degrees F.

You lucky guys, enjoying the cold weather while some of us have to fight the harsh rays of the sun.

I am in the office right now, but the temperature outside is probably around 78 degrees F.

You lucky guys, enjoying the cold weather while some of us have to fight the harsh rays of the sun.

No sacrifice is too great for some of the folks here. We, from the very, deepest depths of our hearts, stand awed, grateful that you, Vaughn and others here bear the brunt of the harsh sun while the rest of us delight in not having to mow the lawn. :rofl:

-15 at 6 am when I went out and started the truck for my wife so she could go to work as I don't, school called off. The way the truck groaned, don't think my bus (even though it is plugged in all night) would start. No wind as of yet, that is the kicker, supposed to be sustained winds of 30+ miles an hour dropping our wind chill to -35!!!! Chores are done, wood stove fed for the morning. Be safe all.

-15 here as well with wind chill in the -30s....brrrr! Both cars started this morning, barely. By the time I got to work, the heat was blowing luke warm air too. Should see the 20s this weekend, can't wait!

The woodstove is cooking in my shop and I'm headed out the door to go turn on my lathe. It is about -30-ish (F) outside though.....they delayed school start this morning by 2 hours......the wimps.:wave: