Thanks for having me

Hi all,

Many familiar names here, and a wealth of information.

My name is Craig Feuerzeig, I make a woodworking tool, the Bowclamp clamping caul...I think some here are familiar with. :wave: I have about 20 years experience manufacturing and installing custom cabinetry, before devoting myself to this idea. In other words, I have much to learn from the more knowledgable folks here, and if I can help too...great.

Welcome Craig.

I have two bowclamps and they come in handy. So far I have only used them a couple of times but on those occassions they made my glue-ups much more straightforward.

Please tell us a bit about yourself and the types of woodworking that you enjoy.

I appreciate the warm welcome, and the opportunity to share.

I'm not a traditionally trained woodworker, maybe that's how I got here... After installing high end custom for a number of years I started my own shop in '97. Right after the introduction of prefinished plywood :thumb: and waterbourne finish:eek:
Sliding table saw, edge bander, and gang drill and I was in business. I resisted buying a jointer and planer for years, "Euro" was in :D

But styles changed and it's custom, couldn't all be just boxes (not to mention counter-top edges :huh: ). I found myself glueing alot of solid 3/4 to plywood... and the rest is history.

I just moved into a new shop, and I'm cutting a lot of hard maple... I'll have to post some pics of the progress.

Also I'm currently renovating my 3rd (and hopefully last) home, from the 1920's, so no shortage of projects.

Well Tod's comment and your sig line have jogged my fogged memory, Hi ya Craig! :D

Yeah, did you get that MONSTER moulding thing-a-ma-jig what's it machine working?

Sure looked like a lot of potential sitting there when I last saw it.

Any updated pics?

You know whe have an Old Iron forum here, right :D

Cheers!

To make a short story long...my last shop didn't have 3 phase power and bringing it in from the pole proved difficult (time and money), so I've moved to a new space...on the 3rd floor. The freight elevator is rated at 2000 lbs, so right now the moulder is in about 30 peices. All is for the best because the wiring was shot, and I never could have gotten to some places. This will allow me to clean and lube etc.

Now I've got tons of power, and some other new toys as well. check this thing out...

rack.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: I must be crazy right?

And today I'm going to look at a de-nibber sander...think any of these are the right tools for the job?