welcome to bill grumbine!

Hey Bill. You're one of those turning folks, right? :D Man, I don't know how you folks do what you do so well. Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing pics.

Oh man. Another bearded one showed up:eek: ;)

Welcome Bill:D :D :D

Sometimes I don't know either Mark. :eek: I have some very pretty walnut that is giving me fits right about now. I am getting ready to go up to the shop and do battle with it some more. But I think it will be worth the effort.

Bill

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I got my avatar working now - I used a pic from my latest trip to demonstrate for the AAW. It is bigger than I thought it would be, but then I always did take up a lot of space. :p

Bill

bill, please spend some time poking around.....the whole premis for starting family woodworking was to have a democratically governed, member driven woodworkin` site.....we`re still getting our feet wet but have tentitively scheduled the first election for april 1st.....then those of us who where foolish enough to undertake this endevor can drop the ball and let the place run itself......such things as rotating moderators, visable financials and group decisions for all forum business are our plans.......please feel free to offer up any ideas you may have or throw any wrenches into the cogs that you notice...thanks, tod

Hey Bill, GREAT to see you here!! :D

Congrats on your "Turner of the Month" title!

So the walnut is giving you fits eh? I should send you some of the Red Keyaki I have, I swear that turning concrete would be easier...........:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see some pics etc, glad you made it!

Cheers!

PS, did you second DVD hit the market yet?

Hey Bill, GREAT to see you here!! :D

Congrats on your "Turner of the Month" title!

So the walnut is giving you fits eh? I should send you some of the Red Keyaki I have, I swear that turning concrete would be easier...........:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see some pics etc, glad you made it!

Cheers!

PS, did you second DVD hit the market yet?

Hi Stu (and everyone else)

Yes, the second DVD is out, and doing very well, although perhaps I should read Frank's thread on commercial affiliations before I hit the submit button! :eek: I'll be doing up some more of that walnut today if all goes well, and perhaps even getting some finish on it. I have a show next weekend, and not a whole lot made for it. I'm having trouble getting motivated for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which I have lots of commissioned stuff waiting for me to get done with the stuff for the show.

The lathe in my avatar is one of those mustard machines. ;) I was using a Powermatic owned by Nick Cook and loaned for my use at Peachstate Lumber in Kennisaw GA. The guys at Peachstate were incredible with their welcome to me and to the turning club there in Atlanta, and the wood they have would set anyone to drooling. That is where I got the walnut I mentioned earlier.

Bill

PS I like the color change. I kept forgetting where I was. :p