DeWalt 733 planer

I need to start looking for replacement blades.:eek: Are there aftermarket blades available for this machine?? Also before the move to Hawaii I had a set of "Planer Pals" that aided in the blade set up. I've gone though everything and cant find them anywhere:(:dunno: Do they still make them? Checked eBay but none was listed there. Can the blades be set very well with out them? I don't have the factory tool anymore either:doh::doh:

Amazon has them for about $35 including shipping. That's the best price I've seen. You can google Dewalt parts and see about buying the knife setters from one of the big parts suppliers.

Did you lose the blade setting thingies that came with the planer? I think mine has a storage place under the cover so they don't get lost. I've only changed the blades once or twice, but whatever came with the planer did good enough for me. I bought an extra set of DeWalt blades for mine, but it's been several years.

Did you lose the blade setting thingies that came with the planer? I think mine has a storage place under the cover so they don't get lost. I've only changed the blades once or twice, but whatever came with the planer did good enough for me. I bought an extra set of DeWalt blades for mine, but it's been several years.

:doh::doh::doh:GEEZ!!!! :doh::doh::doh: I forgot all about those!:doh::doh: I look at that try all the time and all that stands out is the shinny tools:rofl::rofl: the knife setting goodies look just like part of the black tray:eek: Well I'll pout for my stupidity for a while:rofl::rofl: I used to have some Planer Pals that I used and just flat forgot about them;)

Thanks Kirk (I think):thumb: