My next project, all the parts are here

allen levine

Ill be cutting wood as soon as Im able to get over this cold and get back into the garage.(as long as the temps hover near freezing Im ok)

I believe my son is doing a video of all the work hes about to do, so when its all finished, as long as he keeps videoing, Ill try to show it here with the woodworking.

This isnt any spectacular project, but it should be tons of fun.

Attachments

• wood stuff 509 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 509 (Medium).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 113
if anyone follows this I want to mention again what Im building.

It will basically be a case to hold 24 shots of ones favorite beverages.

Each shot will be lit from behind with LEDs and when one hits that large button, which will be changing colors , it will begin a random sequence of the lights behind the different shots. The sequence will slow down, and stop on one shot and light it up.

3/4 oak ply for sides, 1/4 inch oak ply for back panel and back of case, and Im not sure if Im going to use oak ply for the shelves or solid 3/4 oak for shelves. I have to use a forstner bit to drill out each spot for the shot jars so they dont tip easily and are placed correctly in front of it corresponding LED light.

It will basically be a case to hold 24 shots of ones favorite beverages.

Each shot will be lit from behind with LEDs and when one hits that large button, which will be changing colors , it will begin a random sequence of the lights behind the different shots. The sequence will slow down, and stop on one shot and light it up.
Wouldn't it be easier to just sit down with a tall glass, a bucket of ice, a fifth of your favorite, turn on a good action movie and get sloshed?:rofl:

Maybe Allen just found out he can't legally import absinthe from Canada and is trying to achieve the same effect using legal beverages. :rofl:

However, in all seriousness, I think this project needs more of a "no video, didn't happen" than mere pictures.

Best of luck for you!

cutting dados and rabbets, making it all fit together.
Leaving enough room between back panels to attach all the lighting and software.

Attachments

• wood stuff 512 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 512 (Medium).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • wood stuff 513 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 513 (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 24
  • wood stuff 514 (Medium) (2).jpg
    wood stuff 514 (Medium) (2).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 29