what would you do with this????

ifn you go pitchen that router you just maks sure that you got enough arm to get it pitched all the way to NH.:thumb: Small router like that is good for trimming laminates. It is also good for the small bits like the one I had in yesterday. The bit was nothing more than a 1/4" round over and I think that a 3hp might be a bit large for that bit.

Ditto :thumb:

Put a round over bit, or a flush trim bit in it and leave it there, very useful :wave:

Hey Larry if you can throw it up this direction with out landing in a couple feet of snow,toss away. I agree with Chuck & Stewart. For triming laminate ,round over or even for small inlays.Also great for mortising hinges. Its kinda like you can't have to many clamps....same goes for routers.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

taint no gloat bill!!! this thing came from a partial payment of some work i done for a guy, helped rebuild his house one summer and got 4 chords of wood and 1000 dollars for 6 months work after work and during my days off.. needless to say i got hosed:(i had several weeks with over 50hrs in. it was used when got it and its used more sence then...

Last edited:
Larry If you have a dovetail jig set it up to work with it.

I have the PK 690 fixed speed with 3 bases & another 690 fixed base with variable speed. I also have a Craftsman 1/4 collet & an old Black & Decker with 1/4" collet with the trigger in the handle that is set up to go with my dovetail jig. This makes it real easy to do dovetails.

idea's

life is grand at times isnt it:) well this router will probally end up witht eh round over or flush trim bit like the mopjority have suggested ..bart i alread got dove tail setup so thanks for the idea but i had that one..:thumb: great minds think alike sometimes.

Holy cow, I belong to this club! I have a circular saw box that had a DeWalt saw in it, ID'ed with my farm name in a hard to see area. Helped a neighbor cut some boards to put in a new window. He really liked the saw, told him where I bought it, a few days later I go to use it and hey, the box is empty. Funny, next time I see neighbor he is excited to tell me he got a saw like mine! Yep, checked, it has my name on it, already had replaced it, left him with it, don't go over there anymore, he isn't invited in anywhere on the farm. I know and he knows, now you all know. I keep that saw box on a shelf to remind me. None of my tools stay in those boxes, I keep them out in the open so I can see what is missing.

Helped a neighbor cut some boards to put in a new window. He really liked the saw, told him where I bought it, a few days later I go to use it and hey, the box is empty. Funny, next time I see neighbor he is excited to tell me he got a saw like mine! Yep, checked, it has my name on it, already had replaced it, left him with it, don't go over there anymore, he isn't invited in anywhere on the farm. I know and he knows, now you all know.

You know Jonathan, I thought I have heard some stories about how low some people can be, but this story tops anything that I can remember.

I really dislike thievery, as much as many major crimes. Not sure why that is. I can almost understand someone stealing from someone they do not know, because they probably disassociate any feelings of right and wrong with a stranger or outsider. Understand, but not condone. But when you have someone go out of their way to help you and then you steal from them; that takes another level of low life. Like I said, I can not understand stealing in the first place, but this is something different altogether.

Last edited:
Hey Bill I am with you on this 100%. I think I had to lift my jaw up to write this. I could hardly believe Jonathan's story. Jonathan you are the man. To have kept so calm and reacted the way you did. I salute you because I don't think I could have done that. :thumb: Someone upstairs is watching and one day this guy will get what he deserves or get called to account for his actions.

hey al ,, you got me thinkun but here is where i am on the old very used makita,,
first of all you need to have a guid bushing to use it in jig,,
second you ned some power to cut the dovertails
third, the adjustment factor on this isnt as good as could be in others?
ahh shucks just remebered the forth thing is i use 8mm bits and that aint no 1/4
but if i did so it would free up the plunge base i have now!!!!

and to answer a question before it happens i was informed by someone with lots more expeienrce making dove tails to use the 8mm rather than the 1/4"... but i am open to discussion.

Holy cow, I belong to this club! I have a circular saw box that had a DeWalt saw in it, ID'ed with my farm name in a hard to see area. Helped a neighbor cut some boards to put in a new window. He really liked the saw, told him where I bought it, a few days later I go to use it and hey, the box is empty. Funny, next time I see neighbor he is excited to tell me he got a saw like mine! Yep, checked, it has my name on it, already had replaced it, left him with it, don't go over there anymore, he isn't invited in anywhere on the farm. I know and he knows, now you all know. I keep that saw box on a shelf to remind me. None of my tools stay in those boxes, I keep them out in the open so I can see what is missing.

thanks for the saw jon,, i got a commercial airless paint sprayer that a old coworker got and a 20ft pic that was stored at another s barn till i went to get it and he had loaned it out to another person,, had to ask for a time that i could use my own pic.:(

Bill, I also hate a theif.
Rob, I don't know as if you could call it calm. Someday if we ever meet face to face, I would enjoy explaining the final face to face "showdown". It happened after I got my good tools under lock and key and have a big dog that really acts like she would bite a stranger. New shop, no windows, inside hinges, strong locks. Two keys, one one my truck key ring, one in my gun safe. Now you know the rest of the story on why I won't loan tools.
Larry, if the saw I currently have is the last saw I would ever own, you are welcome to use it anytime, anywhere.