what would you do with this????

Larry - I can usually follow you, but what, exactly, is a "20' pic"? I don't think it is that mural on the local highway overpass the way you're talking about using it. :rofl:

If you have to steal, do it from large corporations. Eventually individuals will pay for it through higher prices, but no single individual takes the big hit all by himself. Guess folks who do steal from individuals don't even have this much respect for people. :dunno:

Shortly after getting our dogs the two-dog doorbell went off sometime around 3 am. Being new dog owners we were slow to react, etc., etc. The next morning it was obvious that our vehicles were rifled through. Only some change was lost. The police said there'd been a rash of vehicle entries - likely suspects were a few teenagers. First thing I checked after noticing was to verify that the weapon in the gun vise downstairs was still there. It was, no house entry.

Sometimes I'm kinda glad we didn't "catch them in the act" as my opinion and the state of New York's opinion on the use of force to defend property sometimes differ. I was really kind of steamed at the time. We now bring valuable stuff in where we might have left it out overnight before. This I think is what galls me the most - part of me feels that this change in behavior is a form of capitulation to the thieves.

Sometimes I'm kinda glad we didn't "catch them in the act" as my opinion and the state of New York's opinion on the use of force to defend property sometimes differ. I was really kind of steamed at the time. We now bring valuable stuff in where we might have left it out overnight before. This I think is what galls me the most - part of me feels that this change in behavior is a form of capitulation to the thieves.

Not trying to hijack the OP's thread but I can not and will not abide a thief. I do keep things locked up as much as possible but locks will not stop someone who really wants your property. I'm glad I live in Florida with our "Stand Your Ground" self defense law now.

Chuck

Back to the original question about what to do with a 1/4" collet router; use it. OK, so I don't make my living with a router, but I've had the same B & D router for about 35 years and I have done most router things with it eacept raised panels.
I did buy a 9" dia base plate for it from LeeValley that is handy sometimes.
I also built an adjustable fence that fastens onto 2 1/4" threaded rods that screw into the base.
I've just recently purchased a 1/2" collet router with a plunge base that I'm planning on mounting on a table. It's amazing how much heavier the new router is than the old one.