A Big Thank You to Ken Werner

A few weeks ago I offered to tig weld a Travisher that Ken had gotten defectively. I'll be honest, it only took an hour or so of my time and while it came out well, hey it was no big deal. In fact the act was a promise I made to Tod for giving me a ball bearing I needed for my weathervane.

Pay if forward Tod said. So I did.

One of the things I am really not good about is accepting gifts graciously, so Ken got me good by sending a Pencil Box, FULL OF COLORED PENCILS, for Alyson as a thank you. What Ken did not know was that Alyson loves to draw and color, so it was the perfect gift. In fact its 10 times better then the Tupperware Tub we were using before. For the record the Tupperware lacks hand cut dovetails and a pencil box with a story.

So thank you Ken and here is a picture of Alyson in use. The work you did building the box was 100 times harder then what I did for the Travisher but Alyson loves it. Seems like we are putting the Family in Family Woodworking huh?

Alyson_and_Pencil_Box-356x408.jpg

Pencil_Box2.jpg

Way to go Tod for starting this, Travis for being the middle man, and Ken for the current end result. :thumb::thumb::thumb: This type of ethics has made this my number one site to visit and participate on. Good job on all of you (and those not mentioned but deserving of such praise).

Way to go Tod for starting this, Travis for being the middle man, and Ken for the current end result. :thumb::thumb::thumb: This type of ethics has made this my number one site to visit and participate on. Good job on all of you (and those not mentioned but deserving of such praise).

Can't say it any better than that! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Can't say it any better than that! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jim I was about to do exactly what you did before I even saw your post. Then I decided what the heck I will just quote you quoting Jonathan and add my view that you really cant say it any better than that. Its the reason I joined this site and the only site I frequent. Boy life is looking up when you see this goodwill.:D