Hello to all !!!!

Doug Bellamah

Hi I'm from Ohio everyone, just wanting to set up a basement shop, looks like it will be a task to do so limited on space , lighting, electric, etc and walls at this point. All my hand tools stored there at present saws routers , drill guns etc. etc. etc. Just trying to find time and funds and good executed ideas. I've been checking out the forum , Shop tours etc. etc. Well I grew up spoiled my Dad had a detached 3 car garage full of woodworking tools, machines and the works! I enjoyed a many an hour in that shop. Well wood working is a hobby for me so time is limited as well. also just wanted to drop a dime on everyone here and say high. Well hope I have'nt board you all at this point.
later db.

well doug if you get to be free fer a it drop your location in yur profile so the next time we hear from you we will see that your a buckeye:D you can change it in your user CPfar left side thansk and welcome to the managery.. just dont got to close to the spinny folks they're contagous:D

Doug,
Where in Ohio?

As you can see from my location above, I'm in Austintown - Mahoning County, near Youngstown. Always nice to have another 'neighbor' here!

BTW, you can update your profile to add city and state (and any other personal info you'd care to divulge) by clicking on "User CP" above. Adding city and state, etc. isn't required, but we do recommend it, since it often helps us help one another in finding wood, tools, etc.

Welcome to the Family. It is addictive and what a nice bunch of folks to learn from. I have a similar situation with a limited size basement "shop". Still trying to figure out how I want it to look before I jump in. You will find a great deal of ideas and lots of help here.

board

Hello everyone again I like to throw some humor in my, "words" to see if everyone is paying attention or are they bored. Well I'm just in the process of setting up shop to display work at this time isn't possible . I'm still in process of purchasing equipment and determining layout of the shop and electric. I notice it seems that maybe some of you have large shops others small and a variety of equipment, I was wondering if any of you had some advice on the equipment on the market etc. What do you prefer for jointers , table saw, I have small one presently looking to upgrade, I also have a small 12" inch planner, (crafstman old one but works good) and small bench top scroll saw, and small bench top band saws 2ea. purchased at great price lowe's 25.00 ea a month ago. Also have craftsman router table. and routers. Looking to add large bandsaw and drill press ,
and dust collection as well! Currently also looking for plans for bench top tool stands of good quality at a budgetal price . Or possible find some to purchase and not build myself. I have been researching all kinds of tools from all manufactures. I'm confused at this point, to many articles and choices on the market ! Oh I would also like to get a lathe at some point as well. As I mentioned before I grew up with access to a 3 car garage full of tools and also various species of lumber to work with, But space is also a factor at this time basement shop , I have been researching shop design as well. I'm to much of a perfectionist I've been told! Well later db ps on a budget.:doh::type::huh::eek::wave: