Creole Jambalaya

Brent...

Not meaning to hijack the jambalaya thread, but thanks for the input on whole grain brown rice. I've noticed the same things you have, and have grown to like it. Healthy as well. Who could ask for more.

btw, I like the expression on your mutt...looks like he just bit into an unripe persimmon.

I'd say I'll post when I've made the jambalaya with brown rice, but since I already like that rice maybe it wouldn't mean much. In any case, thanks to Mike not only for the recipe but for outstanding instructions as well.

Cheers.

Bucky gets her lip caught like that pretty frequently. She's a weird pup, thats for sure :rolleyes:

Oh, And Thanks Mike! The recent activity on this thread made me print it out.

I think I just might whip up a batch on Sunday!

Excellent tutorial Mike. I do my own cookin (it's just me'n the cat), and I'm definitely going to give this a go. I'm on a whole-grain brown rice kick these days, so I'll substitute that for white rice...did you ever use it?

Cheers.
I haven't used brown rice in jambalaya but have in other dishes. The only difference I can think of is that it'll take longer to cook (and have a brown rice taste).

Thanks for the kind words about the tutorial.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I put together a batch last weekend. I made a small change and added some shrimp at the end.

IT was good, and I'm having some leftovers for lunch right now. Even better! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

You can put almost anything in Jambalaya. It was usually made from leftovers by my mother.

I agree about it tasting better leftover. It seems like the flavors "meld" overnight.

Mike