Bandsaw Sacrilege....?

Well after all of that, I got an e-mail from Sears today saying the bandsaw is now back ordered and will not be available for pick up until the 15th of January, 6 days after my girls leave Canada, so I had to cancel the order :(

Oh well, I think I have a line on some used wheels and such, so maybe I'll just build one myself! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Bummer...

Realistically, what would the shipping cost be if someone here in the states were to pick it up and ship it to you?

Bummer...

Realistically, what would the shipping cost be if someone here in the states were to pick it up and ship it to you?

I just checked, and the package is 3 pounds over weight, but even if it was the max 70lbs that USPS allows, it would cost $325 to ship it.......

Yep, not going to happen....:(

Well after all of that, I got an e-mail from Sears today saying the bandsaw is now back ordered and will not be available for pick up until the 15th of January,

Yeah, Bummer. What about Sears in the US? Could they hop the border into Washington and snag something there? I looked at the Woodcraft/Rockler web sites and they don't seem to have anything that small.

Here it is on sears.com...

Art, I'm thinking I'll just buy the 12" Jet or Delta here and be done with it, yeah it is more money, but I got to get some work done, and I should really not be spending more time fiddling with saving the money, sure it is money and the more I save of it the better, but if I spent a few hours here and there and sold some bike stuff I no longer need, I'd have the money, so that is most likely the plan.

Now I need to decide between the Jet 12" and the Delta 12", I think they are very similar saws......

I'd not ask my brother to go South of the border just to save me some money, it's not like I'm saving $1000 more like a couple hundred.

Oh well, I will get one some how! :D

Cheers!

That's interesting, Stu. In this day of world economy, it is still difficult for the average person to exchange goods around the world. I regretfully had to cancel exchanges with someone in Australia just because of outrageous shipping costs. Oddly, a person in England can send to the U.S. at fairly nominal expense, but going the other way is prohibitive. Good luck with that bandsaw.

I guess it's really a pity that Stu doesn't live in China, what with all those "EMPTY Containers" going back there from the Good Ole U.S. of A. he could probably get it shipped it for nearly Nothing.:dunno: :rolleyes: