First Pinewood Derby Car - er Truck

Not wanting to steal WES's String.... But today was finishing up day, :thumb:

s1040595.jpg

Wanna race WES?

s1040599.jpg

s1040601.jpg

What, are you kidding?! Every boy knows the red car is the fastest!:thumb::rofl: Very cool car - even LOML knew it was a Mustang without me mentioning it. Maybe by next year Sam will have a bit of practice on the scroll saw.

Let us know how Grandson does. Let him know we're pulling for him!

Wes

What, are you kidding?! Every boy knows the red car is the fastest!:thumb::rofl: Very cool car - even LOML knew it was a Mustang without me mentioning it. Maybe by next year Sam will have a bit of practice on the scroll saw.

Let us know how Grandson does. Let him know we're pulling for him!

Wes

Thanks WES, Hope you don't mind my muddling up your string...

Last year he used handtools to do the deed but this year I figured he was ready for Scroll saw work. He did a birdhouse this past summer. When he seems to be not afraid of the tool, it is time to teach him. Follow all the safety rules we ignore, wear glasses and an apron when working with your kids (grandkids) and act like you want him/her to act. When you are in your shop, you should practice what you preach to the kids for it is a good idea. Especially if he/she might walk in and catch you working.... We are notorious for skipping a few of the rules of safety but, should we? It is best t9 Show him the proper way. and help him learn how to use each tool and machine.

While we were working on his car my older Grandson (18 yrs) was wanting to do a car as well.... but he wanted to use the Bandsaw but he first "Asked permission" to use it.... I think I taught him well... That is what you want. Assure them that they must ask permission to use the saw, or machine or tool before doing so. (was a part of my Student's responsibility when I was teaching, Each student asked me for permission before using a power tool)... Proper procedure and a good safety rule.

Last edited: