Mr. Richards Goes to Washington...

Bill Satko

...Washington state that is.

I am looking into taking another woodworking class this coming year, so currently I am perusing the courses in about eight schools through out the country. One of these schools I am looking at is the local Port Townsend School of Woodworking. Well, it looks like our own Dave Richards is teaching a week long class (June 22-26) "Designing Furniture with SketchUp and a weekend class (June 27-28) "Introduction to SketchUp".

I think you will like the small port town of Port Townsend, Dave. Just an advance welcome from me. :)

Last edited:
hey thats why i started early,,see it takes awhile t [lan such a big event that seems to be growing from year to year,, its kinda like my version of the superbowl:rofl:

Dave, I have not figured out exactly what I am doing yet, but the opportunity to meet you and pump up my SketchUp skills makes me lean toward at least taking the weekend class. Besides, just mentioning the possibility of spending the weekend at Port Townsend and the wife would start packing the car right now.

I noticed the following on their website www.ptwoodschool.com/Home.html concerning the weekend class.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]"If you do sign up for the course we recommend that you download SketchUp for free and run through the tutorials. Focus on learning the navigation tools (Pan, Zoom, Orbit). We recommend that you don't spend too much time drawing so that we don't have to help you unlearn bad habits."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]I am afraid it is way too late on the bad habits thing. Sorry.[/FONT]

:D

I expect there'll be others with bad habits to unlearn, too. I'm not too worried. I hope you can come.

Dave

dave i am sure you got a place to eat all lined up but i can assure you if you dont that rebeca and bill will treat you right.. for a guy that shocked the bagibbes outa me one day he turned out to be one fine fellar!!! you both will come out ahead when you get the chance to meet :thumb:up