Table Saw Fence Redo

Wes Bischel

After installing a Beismeyer fence on my trusty old Rockwell/Delta contractor's saw a while back, I realized it was too big for my shop. It hung out way too far into the clear space. (of which there isn't much.) So after walking into the end of the fence yet again:mad: I decided enough was enough - it's getting cut down! (I think I hear the collective groans already:D) Anyhow, it was a win-win situation. I'll save my hips and other unmentionables, and I get to use my favorite tool - my power hacksaw!
Power hacksaw tablesaw fence.jpg
power hacksaw in action.jpg
The hacksaw leaves a square, and fairly clean cut (I did de-burr the edges.)
It actually took longer to take the fence off than to cut the ends.
fence cut.jpg
Fence all done.jpg
Now the saw is back in place and my unmentionables are safe.:D

Now, on to that switch upgrade.

Wes

Now, we can't blame the saw for your "short comings" Wes, you'll still find yourself taking those corners too quickly. Might wan to add some risers to your shoes instead. :D :rofl:

you own it wes do with it as you wish the groaners can just put up with it!! ifun they had the same trouble you had had they would understand huh:) looks like it turned out well..one thing you might look into is to use the hollow tube for a extnsion to support sheetgoods on wide cuts..

Can't blame the saw for my squeaky voice - but I can pin the bad words used by said voice on it!:rofl::rofl: I guess it is a curse of being so short - I don't hit my head on much, but table corners and small children do take a toll on the lower extremities. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wes

PS Larry, not much in the way of sheet goods even fit in the shop. I break sheets down with a circular saw and an EZ Smart guide in the driveway.:rolleyes: