I Had a Visitor to the Dungeon Today!

Stuart Ablett

I had a visitor to the Dungeon today!! :thumb:

Ed Nelson from North Carolina is in town for business, and we got to get together and trade lies! As it happened, I was going to the airport (Narita) to pick up a friend's father who is here for a visit (long story) and my friend's father's plane got in about an hour after Ed's plane did, so I picked Ed up as well (he is not as heavy as he looks!).

We had a great time, lots of laughs, it was sure fun to spend a few hours talking to another woodworker!

And just to keep the picture police happy, here is Ed and I down in the Dungeon!

ed_and_stu1.JPG ed_and_stu_2.JPG

Sure good to meet you Ed, I hope your trip goes well.

Ed will most likely not be able to check in for a week, until he gets back to the US.

I enjoy having visitors, I can't always go out to pick people up at the airport, but if you are ever in Tokyo, drop me a line and I'll give you the nickle tour of the Dungeon :wave:

Cheers!

That is so great. I think about how cool it would be to call Stu in Japan or Toni in Spain or Pete in England or Joe in Canada and stop by for a visit. Of course to most native Californians, almost anything east of Vegas or Reno is another country ;-)

Thanks for the pics.

Great! this is one of the advantages of nowadays life:):) today you're here and tomorrow in Japan WOW!

BTW. When did you shave off your beard Stu??

That is so great. I think about how cool it would be to call Stu in Japan or Toni in Spain or Pete in England or Joe in Canada and stop by for a visit. Of course to most native Californians, almost anything east of Vegas or Reno is another country ;-)

Thanks for the pics.

That is OK Glenn, the rest of us tend to think of California as a separate country.:D

...........on a different planet at that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You guys do look like you're having a good time.
Welcome to the Secret Society of Tokyo Dungeon Visitors Ed! It's a great spot and a very welcoming proprietor!
Peter
Thank you Peter, you are certainly welcome back anytime you are in town.

How is the your workshop and house coming along?

Great! this is one of the advantages of nowadays life:):) today you're here and tomorrow in Japan WOW!

BTW. When did you shave off your beard Stu??

It is cool the way one can travel around the globe these days!

I shaved the beard off when my lovely wife went in for her breast cancer surgery, when she went it I was fully bearded, when she came out, I was clean shaven! :thumb:

Cheers!

That is OK Glenn, the rest of us tend to think of California as a separate country.:D
I just came here to say it's more like a different planet, but that dang Stu beat me to it. :p

I must say, though...Ed's avatar picture doesn't really look all that much like him. :D

Thank you Peter, you are certainly welcome back anytime you are in town.

How is the your workshop and house coming along?

!

I'm hoping to get back to "The Land of Courtesy & Respect, and Stainless Steel" later this year if all goes well.
Been doing some singularly boring jobs on the house this fall and winter, like lining the existing cold air return ducts (I hate sheet metal) and some more insulating and tightening. Got some more interesting stuff on the list before spring. In the shop, some stuff got jumped to the top of that list: a skein winder in hard maple and some simple pine frames for my wife's needlework. There's about six half done/half started projects in there I'd really like to clear before April, which is usually when outdoor work starts in these parts. Anyone who drops in here might get handed a toolbelt!

Take care
Peter

Hey Stu! It was really great meeting you and thanks so much for the ride。It really worked out well.

Guys, the dungeon is small (but it is actually bigger than I thought it would by) and well laid out. It was really cool getting to see all of the shop projects Stu has posted about!

Again Stu, Thanks for the hospitality and the pen blanks!!! It was awesome!