Tutorials and such

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I have seen some wonderful tutorials posted on this site, complete with pictures and drawings.

Could they be harvested into their own section, maybe segregated into types of woodworking, project, or machine applicable?

I have noticed some folks remembering that something had been posted previously but didn't know when or where. And, frankly, an extensive search isn't likely to be undertaken.

Maybe it could be populated by acclaim, rather than one or two persons mining the posts and pulling them out.

Just a thought. :type:

I think it's a good idea. I think tagging would benefit the site as well in the way that it is setup. Tagging would include an extra field that posters could fill in with one or more keywords such as 'Turning', 'Tutorial', 'Hollow Forms', etc...

This would make it easier to find some of these posts as those words aren't always in the post itself.

I think it's a good idea. I think tagging would benefit the site as well in the way that it is setup. Tagging would include an extra field that posters could fill in with one or more keywords such as 'Turning', 'Tutorial', 'Hollow Forms', etc...

This would make it easier to find some of these posts as those words aren't always in the post itself.

i am for it if we could just have a feild to fill out darren,, they are alrady wanting us to upgrade the software so it would be great time tomake change if needed.. good idea carol,, now you can get started on the next one:)

I think it is a good idea, but I think tin order to keep that section "tidy" it would be advisable that only the tutorials alone should be there and the comments and addendums on its normal section.

So any tutorial could be posted on the section where it belongs to, and a copy of it in that "tutorials" section where comments couldn't or shouldn't be made.

My two cents

I am very much with Toni on this; the tutorials, no matter how complex or simple, should be available for viewing and not be open to "reply" activity. A duplicate of the original thread could be placed in the tutorial section with a "Tutorial" prefix or suffix to alter the title so we all know what we are looking at and know to go to the "original" if we want to comment. Of course the fact that you couldn't reply might make that title change moot.

I think it is a good idea, but I think tin order to keep that section "tidy" it would be advisable that only the tutorials alone should be there and the comments and addendums on its normal section.

So any tutorial could be posted on the section where it belongs to, and a copy of it in that "tutorials" section where comments couldn't or shouldn't be made.

My two cents

I am very much with Toni on this; the tutorials, no matter how complex or simple, should be available for viewing and not be open to "reply" activity. A duplicate of the original thread could be placed in the tutorial section with a "Tutorial" prefix or suffix to alter the title so we all know what we are looking at and know to go to the "original" if we want to comment. Of course the fact that you couldn't reply might make that title change moot.

I agree with both Toni and Glenn. I like the idea of having a TUTORIAL SECTION where ONLY the original Tutorial Thread post (or multiple posts by the "Tutor" were made to complete the Tutorial"), BUT place a LINK to the original Thread in it so anyone could easily go back to and see all of the posts if they so desired, or reopen it by asking a question if they needed to.:thumb: