Wenge Stains

Tony Falotico

Working with wenge today, The tips of my fingers and palms of my hands are stained. No matter how hard I try, still looks like my hands are dirty. :eek:

Any suggestions on removing wenge stain from hands?

Tony

My wife says you might want to try baby wipes. :huh: She says they work pretty well on (artist's) ink stains that soap won't touch. Murphy's Oil Soap is something else that she uses for cleanup in her studio, but she says the baby wipes work best for ink.

(Not sure how well that applies to wenge, so if you don't already have baby wipes handy you could try rubbing alcohol instead?) :dunno:

Last edited:
It's been 24+ hours and the stains have just about worn off. My hands look clean.

Al - I tried GoJo Orange last night - works great on grease, not on Wenge stains
Kerry - No baby wipes here, that was over many years ago !
Bruce - I usually use Acetone to remove CA glue but was to tired (Read lazy) to go back out to the shop last night. I'll try turpentine next time.

Thanks all, problem solved until next weekend!
Tony

I try NOT to use Acetone for anything!

It drys out my hands too much.

Just thought of something. Before turning, if you have hand cleaner without pumace in it, rub some into the skin. I remember someone telling me it worked with stains and paints.

Bruce