Trip to France

Alfredo,

If you head east from Marseilles, you'll be on the Cote d'Azur, my old stomping ground for many a year. Not too far east (just past Toulon), you'll find a small town called Hyeres. From there, you can take a ten minute boat out to the Iles de Porquerolles. That trip in itself is worth a day.

You need to visit Nice and Monte Carlo. Some of the smaller towns (Antibes, Juan les Pins) are very pleasant. Grasse is worth a trip, and so is St Paul de Vence. If you're into art, the Fondation Maeght is near Nice, the Chagall museum is there as well, and there's a Picasso museum in Antibes. There's a nice collection of antique furniture at the Rothschild villa on Cap Ferrat.

Let me know the kinds of things you want to see, and I'll try to steer you in the right direction... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I'm not sure where exactly you are going, but if you get close to where Jean Francois Escoulen does his woodturning, you should drop in for a visit, or maybe even a class :D

His site is >> here << :wave:

Bill
Thank you for your recomendations.
My wife wants to go to Venice and
I think it is a lovely and romantic city.
I know there are a lot of places to visit
in this area of europe. That is the reason I am
looking for help.
Stu
If I could make contact with Jean Francois
it would be very nice to meet a famous
woodworker.
There is a program called goggle earth
that it useful to find addresses all over the
world.

Thanks for your help.

I received an email from the Head of Conferences and Events saying that the conference (EWEC) in Marseille was their biggest event so far with a record number of participants attending the conference and exhibition.
- 7,500 participants from over 80 countries
- More than 1,900 delegates attended over 50 conference sessions and side events
- Over 5,600 visitors came to the largest ever EWEC exhibition, with 390 exhibitors spread over 9,200m2.

My wife and me were three weeks in europe. The first week was the conference and I took some pictures in Marseille. The next two weeks we
visited four cities: Prague (Praha), Vienna (Wien), Florence (Firenze) and Pisa.
Also I took some pictures and video of these beatiful cities.

Having download the pictures of my camera, I will post some of them.

Regards